No announcement yet.

Another WFO in the UK - 42" Pompeii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressive work..I feel like I'm watching that show barnwood builders lol...What your doing there is true craftsmanship and amazing.

Ricky
    My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

• Originally posted by Chach View Post
      Very impressive work..I feel like I'm watching that show barnwood builders lol...What your doing there is true craftsmanship and amazing.

Ricky
      Thanks, ive been really enjoying it, i know there was no need for me to go so over the top but then i thought to myself when am i going to get a chance to build something like this again in my life...so why not do it now over lockdown

Comment

• Started on the roof timber cuts

Comment

• They fit perfectly

Comment

• Timbers all in, then i started figuring out the tile spacing so that the roofing lat can be screwed in place. This was reasonably easy to work out as the tiles are reclaimed so i could see the old overlap marks to follow

Comment

• Lats all in place and another test to check the tile spacing is correct

Comment

• We planted some climbing plants at the front legs of the structure and put down some slate chippings around the oven. I also picked up some reclaimed ridge tiles
                Last edited by brad mole; 08-30-2020, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• My roofing buddy came to make a start on the tiles, we also had the oven fired up while he was at it

Comment

• Nicely done timber frame and slate roof.
                    Russell
                    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Nice work, great efforts. I wish I had built my dome smaller!

Comment

• Hi Brad, it’s been a few years but I was wondering how your pergola roof turned out? Did you get it all finished in the unexpectedly long lockdowns?

Comment

• Originally posted by GeordieM View Post
                          Hi Brad, it’s been a few years but I was wondering how your pergola roof turned out? Did you get it all finished in the unexpectedly long lockdowns?
                          Sorry for such a delayed response, its been a while! Yes i got the roof finished in the end, it looks great, i thought i had updated the thread but i must have forgotten, il get some pics uploaded if i think on

Comment

Working...
                          X