No announcement yet.

36" Pompeii Dome Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you gotten the roof on it yet? Winter is closing in fast. I hope you can have it done before it snows to much.

Comment

• RandyJ No I wish. The guy I was using to make my radius trim and drip edge was jerking me around so I ended up telling him forget it. I ended up finding another local company which is an architectural metal company that fabricates all types of different products for facias drip edge and commercial Window framing and all types of things and they are helping me out I just got the estimate back today looks good and hopefully can make these products very soon.

Ricky
      My Build Pictures
      https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

• New company I found will have my pieces done either Friday or Monday so hopefully I can get this thing buttoned up.
        My Build Pictures

Comment

• Its been a month any progress? I know this is a hard time to get anything done, but just curious.

Randy

Comment

• Unfortunatley, no I received the pieces but was decideing whether tonuse them or do it differently...Now that its snowing im sure ill be leaving this until spring. I have the roof all tarped up but easy to pull back from the chimney if i want to use the oven. on the other hand I did cook a turkey in there and it was pretty damn good. I sourced all the stainless for my door and a friend is welding it all together for me and it will contain 4" of calsil board. Im very disappointed that I did not get the roof on but on the other hand I rather not rushbit if im not happy with something as I want it to look right. If we get a breaknin the weather I might just do it but we will see.

How is your addition/remodel going? When you starting the new oven?

Ricky
            My Build Pictures

Comment

• Yeah I completely understand holding off till you get things just right. You don't want to rush to finish just to be upset with how it turned out.

the remodeling and addition are finally starting to wind down somewhat. I have my kids train up around the top of his room and he is back in it, we are finally sleeping in the new master bedroom and the closet is 99% finished. I have the heated floors done in the bathroom and the cabinets in the room for the vanity, so now i just need to scribe them to the wall and fasten in to place. So pretty much just the shower as a main thing left to do. I finally moved the light in the shower yesterday and got all the pieces of the floor pan cut to size and put in place so just need to set them with thinset and put up cement board and water proof and tile. So not to bad for what is left to do. Fortunately or unfortunately I got laid off this fall so it has been full steam ahead to get this all done.

we are still planning to do a oven in the spring. I may be a whimp though and go pre cast with a FGM 950B oven. It has a brick clad interior and awesome reputation and reviews. It will be a little sad not to go full custom but time is not on my side lately and i need projects to be done. Plus the cost is not ththat different from what i spent building mine and would be nice to just set the oven in a afternoon and be done. I can't wait to see how yours turns out it is looking very cool.

Randy

Comment

• Wow you made a ton of progress in the house. How's the work outlook over there? We are still crazy busy here. you could always move to Chicago and do another home remodel. I hope everything works out for you and I'm looking forward to seeing this oven your planning on building as I'm sure its gonna kick ass
                My Build Pictures

Comment

• Thanks, yeah i have been working my tail off trying to get things finished. The work outlook is fairly good for noe. I probably could have gone back out already i had chosen to, but I just had to take advantage of the time to try to get all of this work done. I think it makes my wife mad but I am trying to look at this as a positive thing so i could finish all my projects and help her out with daycare as she has a very busy time at work right now. I also did not want to go help finish someones project before the end of the year just to get laid off again. As for moving again i hope to never move again as this had been a nightmare through and through from start to finish. I can't understand why some people move every few years. I was in the last house for 19 years and hope to never move again. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

• Merry Christmas to all the forum members. Enjoy this time with your families and of course a great dinner made with a WFO!

Ricky
                    My Build Pictures

Comment

• Thanks Chach,

And a Merry Christmas y'all.
                      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Weather here is not too bad and this weekend is going to be sunny and 60. I'm going to plan and get the roof on my enclosure and hopefully say goodbye to my tarp. I did some pizza on Sunday evening and on Monday evening oven temp was 475 so I cooked 2 whole chickens. Tuesday I wasn't home to measure temps but on Wednesday the oven temp was 215. The oven is retaining heat pretty good and I can probably get at least 2 more cookings out of the retained heat so I'm extremely happy with that. I hope to post pics of the roof soon.

Ricky
                        My Build Pictures

Comment

• Good luck with getting your roof finished. That will be nice to have that off your back. Sounds like you are doing pretty well with the retained heat. Glad it is working well.

Randy

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
                            Good luck with getting your roof finished. That will be nice to have that off your back. Sounds like you are doing pretty well with the retained heat. Glad it is working well.

Randy
                            Thanks Randy! Yes I'm very excited to get this part done and just focus on finishing my stone work.
                            My Build Pictures

Comment

• Finally installed the roof. I have some more trim pieces coming in this week at menards and i can finish the vented soffits and install the recessed lighting in the eave.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Chach; 03-08-2020, 03:41 PM.
                              My Build Pictures

Comment

• Very nice! I love that curved roof line. Looking forward to see how you finish.
                                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
                                X