Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandyJ
    replied
    Glad to hear that you are back to work. I keep hoping things will break loose up here and work will start again . But i just keep plugging away at projects at home. Once the deck is done i need to quickly lay some sod so the yard looks like a yard again instead of a mud pit for my 6yr old to play in.

Once i get around to the oven i might need to look into a grill from them. Sure would be nice to not have to oil it all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by RandyJ View Post
    Hey Ricky, i like the look of that tuskin grill. Where did you order it from? I have a cast iron one currently and it works nicely but cleaning it is a pain sometimes. Are you doing any mor projects on your patio and outdoor kitchen?

I just got started on a new deck a week ago. I was going to havr a patio poured but the price tage was going to be twice as much as me building a deck so that solved that problem. 7k for a composite deck is much more palatable than 15k for a patio. I will do a smaller patio at a later date for a eventual pizza oven.

Randy
    Nice to hear from you Randy. I just recently went back to work a few weeks ago so I had a good 10 week sabbatical and was able to accomplish a ton at the house. The deck is look good my friend and I'm looking forward to seeing you start the new oven.

The place I used for the tuscan grill was called the burn shop http://theburnshopwf.com . Their site doesn't say stainless but they do it and you just need to tell them thats what you want. They do cast iron, and carbon steel as well but I did not want to mess with those 2 metals and deel with eventually rusting and constant oiling so that's why I went the stainless route...my gas grill has stainless grates so i said that's what im going to get. I think I'm done for now just need to do a few metal bends on a break for my chimney and that's it and i plan on doing that soon. My wife wants an outdoor bar but I been putting that off for now but should be a rather quick build. Other than that I just want to start enjoying everything.

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• RandyJ
    replied
    Hey Ricky, i like the look of that tuskin grill. Where did you order it from? I have a cast iron one currently and it works nicely but cleaning it is a pain sometimes. Are you doing any mor projects on your patio and outdoor kitchen?

I just got started on a new deck a week ago. I was going to havr a patio poured but the price tage was going to be twice as much as me building a deck so that solved that problem. 7k for a composite deck is much more palatable than 15k for a patio. I will do a smaller patio at a later date for a eventual pizza oven.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by fhausback View Post
    That’s a great looking kitchen. I love the limestone detail around your entry.
    Thank You I really wanted to do something that made the entry pop and I hoped I achieved that.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenViews View Post
    Ricky,
    I see you used limestone at the very edge of your oven opening. Are you happy with that? I found buried pieces of marble and limestone in my property that I'm considering incorporating in the build, so was considering limestone at the edge like you did with a marble second next followed by firebrick further in where it will get hotter. Thoughts? I can only hope my outer build will look half as good as yours turned out! You helped me decide I definitely need to run power for lights in front or maybe from the awnings and outlets on the side of my oven facing my workspace table! I'm also considering a limestone mantle above outer opening, but I'll post further design thoughts on my build page, I was just wondering about your thoughts on limestone at oven opening since you did that.
    Tom
    yes I'm very happy with the Limestone. You can never have too many light or outlets I always say. I think that's a must.

Leave a comment:

• fhausback
    replied
    That’s a great looking kitchen. I love the limestone detail around your entry.

Leave a comment:

• GreenViews
    replied
    Ricky,
    I see you used limestone at the very edge of your oven opening. Are you happy with that? I found buried pieces of marble and limestone in my property that I'm considering incorporating in the build, so was considering limestone at the edge like you did with a marble second next followed by firebrick further in where it will get hotter. Thoughts? I can only hope my outer build will look half as good as yours turned out! You helped me decide I definitely need to run power for lights in front or maybe from the awnings and outlets on the side of my oven facing my workspace table! I'm also considering a limestone mantle above outer opening, but I'll post further design thoughts on my build page, I was just wondering about your thoughts on limestone at oven opening since you did that.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    When I try to cook chicken on my Tuscan grill by pulling coals underneath I just end up with crispy chicken that is pink on the inside. I just started grilling chicken again by firing for about an hour then moving the coals to one side. I slide in the grill with chicken and a cookie sheet underneath to catch the dripping fat. I turn the pieces about every 8-10 inches and it takes about 40 minutes to get a nice crisp skin and well cooked moist meat.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongo View Post

Can I ask how you use this thing? Looks intriguing but I'm afraid of fat dripping on the floor and down to the insulation.
    Sure...if your grilling steaks, chops, chicken, and the such on the tuscan grill the wood coals go under the grate and the fat drips on the coals and it vaporizes. If I'm slow cooking and using my smoke tube with brisket, ribs, pork butt i put a sheet pan underneath to catch the drippings.

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• Mongo
    replied
    Originally posted by Chach View Post
    I had this Tuscan grill made for the oven. The wife ended up ordering it for me for an early Father's Day gift. I absolutely love it.

Ricky
    Can I ask how you use this thing? Looks intriguing but I'm afraid of fat dripping on the floor and down to the insulation.

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    I had this Tuscan grill made for the oven. The wife ended up ordering it for me for an early Father's Day gift. I absolutely love it. I didn't like the ones I was seeing on line as far as construction goes and I really didn't want to mess with a cast iron one or carbon steel so I found a place that makes custom grill grates and had them make me this out of 1/4" thick 304 stainless steel. It's a beast and should last a very very long time.

Ricky
    Last edited by Chach; 06-12-2020, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GreenViews
    replied
    Northern Indiana near Elkhart, so they are a bit over an hour West of us. Too much real work last 3 days to make much progress, but looking forward to feeding my new obsession more soon. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenViews View Post
    Ricky,
    Very nice looking build!! I've just started mine and put on my first build post showing base below the table my oven will sit on (pic from yesterday). I hope mine will turn out as nice as yours. Not far from your location.. Northern Indidana.
    Tom (Greenviews user)
    Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure your build will turn out great. There will be some hiccups on the road but that's what this forum is for. Keep the pics coming. Where are you at in Indiana. I have a friend in Valparaiso.

Ricky

Leave a comment:

• GreenViews
    replied
    Ricky,
    Very nice looking build!! I've just started mine and put on my first build post showing base below the table my oven will sit on (pic from yesterday). I hope mine will turn out as nice as yours. Not far from your location.. Northern Indidana.
    Tom (Greenviews user)

Leave a comment:

• Chach
    replied
    Thanks Mikie...we just did pizza tonight for my brother his wife and my niece and nephew I also did 10 pizzas. Love using my oven. Using it is pretty easy its the clean up of the ingredients and stuff that sucks lol...Have fun

Ricky

Leave a comment:

Working...
X