Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

40" oven build with questions I couldn't find answers to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    I went through a baker dozen of diamond wet saw blades in my build.
    Oh man.....I dont think I spent an hour sawing, 90 minutes at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Ible View Post
      some bricks are easier than others, these diablos are very hard. that said I will do what it takes to make a close to perfect job, do i insulate the deck from the dome?
      Normally the dome sits directly on the deck, it doesn't have to but it sure makes things easy. They are both hot so no need to insult between them.....you want to enclose the heat, not divide it.

Comment

Here is a build by an old timer called Tscarborough where he used wedges or voussoirs to fill wide gaps in an arch.

Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Ok listened..and changed a few things will use half bricks, the sheer length made the bricks too thin if I din not want a 2" mortar fill joint on the back side. but now the oven is 48" same footprint, the dome will be laid upon the pizza oven floor bricks.

Can I use the k26 insulation brick for the entrance< I will be covering it with plate stainless anyway to avoid were and tear,

Comment

Here is the Jack Arch I want to incorporate into the opening, has anyone done one of these? I can also can run all thread rods to joint the brick from separating, this is done to existing structures to meet seismic codes .

Comment

ready to through rod and mortar.

Comment

Working...
              X