No announcement yet.

My kinda Quebec build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to prove my ignorance, Iím not quite sure what you mean by tapered arch. Iím not planning on using a chimney so there wonít be an inner and outer arch. I have a tile saw that can cut most of the way through a brick which I then finish by breaking. Complicated cuts Iím trying to avoid though. Many of the choices Iíve made have been to mitigate my lack of masonry skills though omitting the chimney was largely financially motivated. That and the fact that the oven I made before didnít have one and neither do many of the historic ovens I drew inspiration from.

Comment

First pic is the tapered inner arch ( notice the smooth transition between dome and arch and the second pic is what the shape of the arch brick looks like, left pic is final product. A chimney or vent does not necessarily need to be costly either.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

A couple more photos. I built around a sand form. It was impossible to make pretty brickwork with these old bricks but I donít think it should impair performance too bad. Just closed in the dome last night. Today Iíll dig out the sand and start to insulate.

Comment

Insulation done and several days into curing. I even managed to bake a few things. Summer squash galette, focaccia, frittata, and an overnight batch of granola.

Comment

Working...
          X