Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Musa
    replied
    i hereby grant approval. i also have the full ($$$$) version of acrobat should the same be needed to produce the pdf's.
    Last edited by Robert Musa; 01-20-2006, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied
    We can always pick photos that are easy to get approval. A lot has happened since Jim built the first oven, including the use of foam forms, the 36" oven, various site layouts, and there are some interesting enclosure styles.

James

Leave a comment:

• jengineer
    replied
    copyright

thank you Marcel

Professional or those trying to break into the professional realm of photography can get a bit persnickity when it come to not getting credit where credit is due. The scuba diveing phtotgrasphers in southern california have a "circle c" on all the photos they post on the web. Some of the photos have shown up in a local rag and one or two glossies.

I think I should be able to identify the source for 98% of the photos. I envision a blanket statement along the line of "all photos by Jim ___ except wheree noted" since about 90% of the shots are of his build.

On a side note I think that a few of the members should do their own full write up with photos of their builds in their copiouos free time (finger pointing at paulages). Musa has done this with his web site! There ae quite a few builders that have great artisan capabilities.

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied
    Patrick,

Thanks for jumping in. Let's start talking about this in email. I am james@fornobravo.com.

Finding helpful and illustrative photos from the forum and inserting them in the right places in the text in the PDF file would be really useful, and could take a little time -- beyond moving the text from HTML to Word to PDF. That would require an OK from the folks who submitted the photos, but that shouldn't be difficult. I am definitely available to collaborate and contribute.

James

Leave a comment:

• Marcel
    replied
    Generous pdf transfer offer by Patrick.

( M) Hey, Patrick,

(M) That was a very generous offer to help with the .pdf transfer.

(M) I don't know about the other folks who have contributed photos on other forums, but I can't imagine any in our FornoBravo community who would have any objection to this Forum using their photos in a .pdf format. I also don't know if you and James even want any of the shots I supplied but just to get the ball rolling let me offer you both full, unrestricted access to any images &/or text I offered.

(M) I may have misread your concern and perhaps using this Forum's images of the respective builders' photos is not an ethical or copyright problem. Perhaps your concern is only about other sources. Not to put too fine a point on this but I hope that if any of your concern relates to the use of this Forum's existing photos that any contributors will also grant you &/or James unrestricted use of their oven building images & text.

Ciao,

Marcel

Leave a comment:

• jengineer
    replied
    Pdf

James - I could possibly do it. In my research I downloaded just about everything off of the web site that I need to make the Pompeii. Let's not hit on the ethical side of this just yet. I then dumped everything into a series of Word files. It is pretty much a snap from that to dump it into a PDF file. This is what I do when I need to send out official documents that we don't want other folks modifying and such. If you would like I can email you the word files, you can edit either edit them for correctness or send me changes and when they are in the form you like it is quite easy to pdf it. It then takes time to make it "easy" to use by adding in shortcuts/index to the pdf.

We would need copyright clearance from the folks that have supplied photos as I have included the other James, Robert Musa and a few others to my version.

I just checked my memory stick and I don't have the files with me. If I remember correctly I have about 6 word files each about 2 Meg in size (photos run up the tab real quick).

Hit me offline
    lostdiver61@yahoo.com
    ldiver61@yahoo.com

patrick

Leave a comment:

• james
    started a topic Creating PDF for Pompeii Oven plans

Creating PDF for Pompeii Oven plans

I receive requests many a PDF version of the Pompeii Oven plans, and Forno Bravo don't have the available resources to do the project.

So, in the spirit of the Open Source movement, I wanted to ask if anyone wanted to collaborate on the project. It would involve working with us to take existing material and creating the downloadable and printable PDF plans. The material would be posted on www.fornobravo.com for free download (we would not charge for it and we would pay for the hosting space and download traffic costs), and the document would remain the property and rights of Forno Bravo.

Are there any Acrobat experts out there with a little available time for a good cause? Plus, we would finally get all the typos out of the plans.

Let me know by email.
    James
Working...
X