Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied
    Thanks for the input. Mike, I already have a 2x6 mid span under the duroc but if you think another upright in the center is warranted, I'll stick one in there.
    Regarding the lintel... I formed it with plywood and I'll put some 2x4's under for to carry the weight.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    The conventional method of doing lintels is to use bond beam or lintel blocks filled with concrete and rebar.

https://theconstructor.org/construct...l-block/29496/

Leave a comment:

• hillscp
    replied
    Looks like progress. How will you make the lintel?

Leave a comment:

• SableSprings
    replied
    Looking good! A couple of suggestions before you pour...1) put in another brace midway back in your wood storage area-that Durock/Hardiboard is not strong enough to hold the weight of the concrete across that span without bending, 2) put in some shims beneath (or above) your 2x4 braces - the weight of the concrete will push down and make that a bear to remove when you want to take it out.

Beautiful site for your oven...you'll have the favorite pizza party spot for all your friends!

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    started a topic 42" Corner Build in Southern Missouri

42" Corner Build in Southern Missouri

The winter began lifting a few weeks ago so I was able to get started on my patio corner build. I have zero prior experience with anything masonry related so there are some internal doubts but what the he..! Let's see what happens. I will be borrowing heavily from those of you that have documented your efforts on these pages so thank you for paving the way for total rookie.
    I bought the recycled cinder blocks at an auction from a local college and though they varied in size, I think a grinder and some stucco will hide any odd gaps.
Working...
X