• Buzzard Bluff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied
    Was able to get the tile, insulation and floor laid this week... Slow going but it's fun watching the thing come together.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied
    Thanks Smokamatic, I'm sorry but I'm not certain what the pitch of the roof is. I'll try to get a measurement for you. The chimney is already flashed into the metal roof and I'll just have to make sure the oven lines up to go through the center of it. The roof begins a few feet above the eave. Here's a picture that might help.

Leave a comment:

• Smokamatic
    replied
    I really like your roof design. What's the pitch? Will your flue go thru or around the roof? We want to do something similar because our oven is almost, but just not 100% waterproof. Ours will come off the side of an existing gable above its gutters. Can the WFO roof float about 1-foot above the gable's side?

Thanks for the inspiration!

Leave a comment:

• w650gb500
    replied
    Looks very similar. Even though my oven has counter space on both sides, it still isn’t enough room to prep wood on one side and pizzas on the other. Next time I will build it with 4-5’ on each side. Click image for larger version

Name:	95D627C6-D772-435C-AA6E-8210EC40B536.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	450044

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied
    david s.... I think you can see the four holes I drilled in one of the above pics. I marked where the rebar was before removing the forms so I wouldn't hit them with the drill bit. I'm sure it was much easier after three days instead of after the concrete has cured.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    If you’ve not already cast in some weep holes in the slab, do yourself a favour while the concrete is still green and drill a few weep holes around 12mm diam through the slab. Start with a smaller diameter pilot hole to reduce break outs and if you hit steel you can try another position. Breakouts are better on the topside of the slab to assist drainage, so the drilling is better done, starting on the underside.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied
    And...... Finally got the hearth poured last week.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied
    It's been a busy summer with work, family and other projects but I was able to get the roof over the oven project built in June. Our good friend and contractor had us on the list for months. We think it was worth the wait and will be a help to me during the rest of the oven build.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Bluff
    replied
    Thanks David.... I'll add another cross bar per your suggestion. hillscp, great idea with the vertical addition to your lintel. That really does look finished.
    Mike.... I will remember to shim under the supports. I have a contractor helping with the pour due to a slight injury I picked up mixing the concrete for the cinder blocks. What an asset to have all of your combined experience. Much appreciated.
    Steve

Leave a comment:

• SableSprings
    replied
    Originally posted by Buzzard Bluff View Post
    Thanks for the input. Mike, I already have a 2x6 mid span under the duroc but if you think another upright in the center is warranted, I'll stick one in there.
    I could only see the front support for the durock, so if you've got a mid span one as well you should be golden...just don't forget the shims

Leave a comment:

• hillscp
    replied
    That's how I did it too, but I poured the lintel before the hearth and I poured supports under it. Were both doing corner builds. I think it looks more finished with parallel sides for the opening under the lintel.

Here is my build thread

https://community.fornobravo.com/for...build-chico-ca
    Last edited by hillscp; 03-22-2022, 06:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Run another bar in there, parallel with the one you already have.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X