Mark's WFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mark's WFO

Les, Thanks for the info on insulation. Just trying to be prepared. As regards climbing in the oven, I agree, wasn't fun! You know how the edges of the bricks hit on the bottom and the middle bottom has a gap? Thats what I'm grouting, is that necessary?

Mark

Comment

I have some gap there as well - not worried about it. It may take a toll after many, many, fires. My thoughts were that it may help in getting it up to temp a little faster. I just replaced the fire brick in my wood burning stove(last year) after 17 years. This thing is going for hours on end in the winter - WAY more then my oven will ever see.

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Great! I hate crawling in there.

Mark

Comment

Mark,

Les is right - cure first then add insulation. It might not hurt to order it, just so it's available and to avoid an I-ran-out-of-materials moment (I've been there!) but I put it on once I'd done a pizza or two. Let me wax poetic about the difference!! Looking great, BTW!!

Comment

Thanks Amber,
            I'll order it tonight! I know what you mean after running out of bricks today.

Mark

Comment

It's a little more expensive to go all Insulfrax - Maybe $150-200 versus $50 or so. I think it's worth it, though, both for insulation and ease of use/hassle-free reasons. I can't wait to see how it turns out...

Comment

Amber,
                Are you talking Insulfrax over FB blanket?

Mark

Comment

Oh, no, sorry. I was just using the word. From what I've read, the FB Blanket is a little better. I'm sure they're both fine, though...

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I was planning on the FB blanket,but always looking for input. Have a great weekend.

Mark

Comment

• Re: Mark's WFO

Had to go get more bricks today and other things limited me to one course today. Probably two more courses till the keystone. I'm thinking of doing a keystone like Ken....any thoughts. I will probably have about a 7" radius (well maybe not a radius...but close)at that point.

Mark

Comment

That dome closing in looks great! Nice and round. Ken's keystone is great. I say go for it. You'll have a better feel for how you want it once you get to it.
                        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                        My oven build thread

Comment

Originally posted by exceloven View Post
                          (well maybe not a radius...but close).
                          It's about as good as it get's - you are building a round thing with square product. Nice job!

Les...

Comment

Wow, that looks great! Ken's keystone should work there...

Comment

Les. I just went back and looked at your keystone...did you just cut it close and shave it with a grinder?

Mark

Comment

Mark - I glued 3 bricks together. I propped up a piece of poster board from the inside and drew the circle from the top (I don't do inside). Cut out the shape and traced it onto the brick. From there I just kept working the grinder until it fell into place.

Les...

Comment

Working...
                                X