Re: Mark's WFO
After I am done with a pizza or bread bake, I will load up with wood and let the wood bake for days. Even after a couple days with the insulated door on I find that putting a few pieces of this dried out wood on top of the remaining coals hitting with a flow of air (bellows, dry compressed sprayer) the wood literally bursts into flame and then quickly choking the flame to as I say a whisp keeps the heat down and the smoke dense.
X
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Jim,
Thanks for your comments, and directions on the door. Generally when I smoke it is between 200 and 250 degrees. My question is how do you get the wood to smoke, in that the fire is gone by the time the oven is down to that temp. If I build a fire to get the wood to smoke the temp goes up too high. So much for slow cooking. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Mark,
Just came upon your build. Wonderful job on the oven and what a tremendous job on the door, It looks great. Have you used it to control the flame? One of my favorite uses of the door is while smoking food by moving it futher back in the vent (almost choking the flames) and then using that change in position and the slides to get just a whisper of a flame amongst the dense smoke. Does turn the glass to muck, but that comes off.
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/9/gl...html#post53376
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Dino, Thanks for all the nice comments. The glass door was not as easy as it looks, but Jim's instructions really helped. My neighbor let me borrow his welder,again another help.
As far as bread goes, that is our next thing we are TRYING to do. Its been OK but not up to par with some others on the forum. Pizza and meats have been incredible, but bread has been so-so. I'm not giving up though. My wife is working on the dough and me the cooking technique. Once the build is complete (some day) we can devote full time to cooking.
Mark
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Mark, your glass door looks great! I'm really impressed with your abilities. Do you plan on doing any bread baking? I was wondering what it might be like to watch them bake in the oven.
Ya, there do seem to be lots of new wfo builds. I think its your fault; everyone sees how easy you make it look to build an oven, brick up your facade and then make a glass door!
Take care, Dino
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Thanks Les, Mike and Joe. Its so cool that everyone, regardless of skill level is able to end up with all these great ovens. It really is just as fun to use as it is to build.
Is it just me or does it seem that a lot more people in the last few months have started builds. This is definitely your one stop forum for oven builds!
Thanks to all, Mark
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Hi Mark,
Nice job on the clone, LOOKS GREAT
Cheers Joe
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Many thanks to Jim (jcg31) for the design and more importantly the detailed instructions to build this door. I found it really difficult to build, but I don't have the obvious skills that Jim has. I am very happy with the result.
This is probably the greastest example of piracy on the entire FB site. But he did give us all the instructions, so......... Thanks again Jim.
Mark2 Photos
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Thanks Dino,
I did get have some help with the stone. I did the layout and made the corners and the other guy set it. A scratch coat isn't necessary, I just mixed a little thinset into the mortar for a little stickiness and went directly on the block.
I did go to cellartracker and read some of your tasting notes. With over 270 notes I stuck with 09 notes. Very nice reviews!
Mark
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Wow Mark, the El Dorado stonework looks terrific. You do that yourself? How's it done? Do you just mortar the backs and mount them on your concrete block or is some sort of "scratch coat" needed first?
BTW: Kobe beef gets Screeming Eagle (guess I'm eating ground beef for a while)
-
Oh, nice oven tools, great storage area too. I'll have to start thinking about that too, 2 days of cooking and I can see that organization is important. Thanks for sharing your pics and ideas, take care, Dino
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Thanks Les,
Better to hide the ugly. By the way, I'm still laughing about your comment to Dino about the Opus.
Mark
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Mark's WFO
Thanks Bill. Nice hearing from you Nikki, I know you must be busy with your new one. How are things going?
Mark
Leave a comment:





Leave a comment: