Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark's WFO

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Calabrese
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Hi, Mark my name is Joe and I've only been reading this forum for a short while but I believe you've set a new standard. You're oven build is amazing and your workmanship is that of a craftsmen. I want to thank you for sharing your oven build with us, it has been inspirational as well as informitible. I, like others on this forum have never layed a brick in our lives and FORNO BROVO has made a project this intimadating very achievable. What I love about this forum is no matter how simple or complicated the build the amount of incouragment and support is outstanding I really dought there have been any failures. People like Les, Christo, Bandransco, james and dmun have all given their time and knowledge all in the the name in creating the ultimate goal THE PERFECT PIZZA. Congratulations on your oven and hope you stay on and help us new builders. REGARDS JOE

    Leave a comment:


  • christo
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    I think it looks just great!

    Based on the level of workmanship we've seen so far from you, I have a feeling that there will be others coveting the outer dome of your project as well.

    Enjoy! How many chances do we get to make semi-perfect concrete spheres freehand?

    Christo

    Leave a comment:


  • bbell
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    I agree Mark. The pizza remains the same... delicious! Your build looks great.
    Bill

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Thanks a lot Les. I'm like you, I will always notice those little mistakes, that fortunately no one else will ever notice. None of those mistakes will make the pizza any less delicious.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Looking great mark! Getting it round is a bitch. I kept adding the stucco a few times, then said good enough. It's hard to get it perfect. Sometimes I walk out, and in certain lighting, I say damn - didn't see that spot. At the end of the day, it changes nothing in regard to the quality of food.

    Les...
    Last edited by Les; 04-01-2009, 07:15 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Its been over a month but I finally got a little done on the oven today. I got the scratch coat on the dome and filled it with vermiculite. I'm planning on cutting some sort of form to use as a screed to get the dome somewhat round, or at least consistently unround. The chimney blocks most of it anyway. Since I haven't been able to work on mine I have been living vicariously through all of your builds.
    Even though it isn't done I have been using it. Everything I have cooked in it has been amazing. Its more than worth all the effort and then some!

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Thanks Dino, Most of my ideas have been found on the forum. I just mix and match what works for my taste. By the way your is looking very clean! I'm sure you will end up with a round dome.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Dino_Pizza
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    That looks GREAT Mark! The recessed herringbone section and chimney top detail add a lot of character. I love watching your build. Lots of great ideas.
    Dino

    Leave a comment:


  • mfiore
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Mark. The herringbone section looks great! Inspirational.

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Wow thanks Les, that means alot coming from the master!

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    It's going to be a thing of beauty! Fun to watch.

    Les...

    Leave a comment:


  • Modthyrth
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Absolutely beautiful! I'm very impressed with your workmanship and speed.

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    I was able to beat the rain and get some more done today. I built the herringbone section on the ground during the week and then just set it in place today. Then built around it. I ran out of bricks for the arch, but it was a full day anyway, there's always next weekend.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • berryst
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    I did both. I made the lightest concrete mix I could. Then after I had gooped it the best I could I used sheet metal (old galvanized roofing) to contain the pour. I poured in the remaining bags of vermiculite over the whole works then covered the whole show with dirt ...Seems like I used about ten large bags or so.

    Leave a comment:


  • Frances
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    I've got a dry vermiculite layer on my igloo style oven and I think Wiley did the same - you just have to add another mortar/mesh/rebar layer to keep the vermiculite in. It can be a bit fiddly, but it works.

    Dave's would have worked also, except he paused in his project just before adding the final layer of mortar over the wire mesh...

    As for insulation, I don't know which is better. I did mine that way because I needed to keep the rockwool insulating blanket dry.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X