Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark's WFO

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    I built my last curing fire today and got the temp to about 775. I noticed that the mortar coating I have the dome cracked (pictured). Should I be worried? There was no smoke coming out the cracks. The fire is still going so I can't tell if there are cracks inside the dome. Is this just normal? Thanks for any input.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Les, What a horrible game! I have to think Norv is on thin ice. I actually wouldn't mind Shanahan coming in. I haven't heard if he's been talking to any other teams. As always "wait till next year"

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Originally posted by exceloven View Post
    You can always watch the Chargers beat the Steelers!

    Mark

    Mark, I'm a Raider fan Doesn't look like it's going to happen. They are down 19 points w/ 4 minutes left. Do you think they are going to dump Turner? After last year I have no clue what your owners will do. At least our owner is consistent - CRAZY!

    Les...

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    You can always watch the Chargers beat the Steelers!

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Modthyrth
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Hooray, first fire! Congratulations, Mark! Pizza is right around the corner, and if you guys are that good at tossing dough after two bottles of wine, you should be great after just a couple glasses. ;-) I can't wait until I can have a glass of wine with my pizza--four more months.

    Don't mind me, I'm just cranky because my husband and daughter get to go skiing today, and I'm stuck at the cabin with no car, no book, and very little food. I shouldn't have left packing up to Drew. ;-)

    Leave a comment:


  • Frances
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Sorry to high jack this thread somewhat, but did you see this simple and easy to make device I recently devised, George? Works like a charm, no more smoke!

    Leave a comment:


  • gjbingham
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    The flue and chimney should dramatically improve your draw. There seems to be no hope for mine. Some smoke will always spill out the front.
    G.

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Looks like fun! How many hit the floor?

    Les...

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Ok, having built my first curing fire we figured we should start practicing on dough. Two bottles of wine later the dough tossing began. Couldn't help posting these.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Thanks David,
    Look forward to following your oven, post pix as you go.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Tolar
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Congrats on your first fire, your brick work is very good and shows lots of time in planning and executing.

    I will be using your photos as a reference on my oven when I get started, the clean cuts and tight brickwork.

    Have fun curing it.
    David

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    I had first curing fire today, and all went well. The majority of the smoke went out the chimney opening. Some did go out the front though. I was wondering, will adding my flue automatically improve the draw?

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Thanks Dino,
    But I can't take credit for my entry! I copied Les with a take from Ken also. Thats what I love about the forum, you can combine ideas to get what works for you.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Dino_Pizza
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    I finally got it. Thanks Mark. I'm going to copy it on my arch.

    I really like how your vent landing seems about 1 1/2 blocks deep (or more) and the vent opening is 5 blocks wide at the top (plus the angled blocks on the sides). That's a big vent flu opening! It's going to vent like a champ, I just know it. Can't wait to see your transition pieces.

    Thanks again, Dino

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Hey Dino,
    I took another pic from underneath, hoping that might help. Basically it is a 14" arch built 3/4" taller than the inner arch and attached to it. Let me know if that helps, if not may someone else (Les) could help explain.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X