Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark's WFO

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Thanks Nikki, Its amazing what you can do with Photo Shop.

    Leave a comment:


  • Modthyrth
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Wow, that looks absolutely perfect! Gorgeous job!

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Here is an inside shot, waiting for my keystone to dry enough to shape it.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • mfiore
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Great looking dome. The keystone is going to look perfect. Any shots from the inside?

    Leave a comment:


  • woodhead
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Mark,

    Having just finished my dome, yours is amazingly round and just about perfect. Knowing what it takes to do what you are accomplishing is pure craftsmanship. Congrats!!!

    Woodhead

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Mark - look's like you nailed it!! Great job.

    Les...

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Thanks Christo, Builds like yours inspired me!

    Leave a comment:


  • christo
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    oh I'm not sure that's fair.

    it looks like you have a perfect last bit to place!!

    Great Job!

    Christo

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Wow, I got the last course done tonight. Now for the plug. Thats what tomorrow is for, right? The last four courses had some pretty funky cuts. It feels great to be so close to finishing the dome.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • asudavew
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Originally posted by exceloven View Post
    I am actually kind of bummed we came to Vagas for 4 days and I haven't been able to work on the oven. Crazy huh! Oh well soon enough. Mark
    Completely Normal!

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Thanks Kemo,
    I think part of the clean factor is that I made compound miter cuts on each brick which really reduced the amount of mortar I used. The area on my basketball court where I am cutting my bricks is a disaster (I'll probably have to powerwash when I'm done). I am actually kind of bummed we came to Vagas for 4 days and I haven't been able to work on the oven. Crazy huh! Oh well soon enough.

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Kemo
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    this build looks way too clean! my workspace was a total mess with the drippy bricks and mortar all down in the oven floor.

    great job so far!

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    One more thing to note - I used my kid's sidewalk chalk to mark the high spots as it worked it's way down the hole.

    Les...

    Leave a comment:


  • exceloven
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Looks great, thats what I'll do!

    Mark

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Mark's WFO

    Mark - I glued 3 bricks together. I propped up a piece of poster board from the inside and drew the circle from the top (I don't do inside). Cut out the shape and traced it onto the brick. From there I just kept working the grinder until it fell into place.

    Les...

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X