Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Dino,

Great build and fantastic looking food!

I have a question on a CAD mock-up you did for Gene for a 36 inch oven to see if Gene could fit it on his stand... I am building a 36 inch myself... All measurements are in the CAD (although I will probably go for a smaller doorway), except how far from back wall to inside of the inner arch.
    I've tried to figure out what it should be based on the CAD (and mine will be different anyway if I make the door smaller, it would be further away from the back wall)

Thanks for any assistance!
    Eoin

Comment

• Mullins, if Dino is too busy, or if you want to play with some CAD yourself, check out the files in the link below . The distance from the back wall (or centerline as I calculated mine) is mostly a function of door height (distance needs to be right so you can make a round dome) followed by how much arch you want to have protruding from the dome, which ties in with the door width. I know this works for a semi-circular arch, not sure if you build a different type though.

http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...en-build/page2
      Last edited by JRPizza; 02-29-2016, 06:19 PM.
      My build thread
      http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...h-corner-build

Comment

• Thanks JR,
        For some reason I was having a tunnel vision moment and was only thinking and visualizing in 2D and not 3D. I could understand how the width of the circle at a certain point was a function to the distance from back wall or center point, and depending on that distance I could potentially "breach" my circle, but completely forgot about the height and the dome also…
        I downloaded your zip file, but will have to look into how I open it as I have a MAC and it appears to be more complicated on MAC than PC and is not as well supported… according to the FreeCadweb website "We rely on very few people to help building Mac OSX packages, so it doesn't get updated as often as the other platforms. The version available on this site might be slightly outdated. (To compile the most up-to-date version from source see CompileOnMac)"….

Do you have it in pdf, or can you print to pdf?

thanks,

mullins

Update:
        OK, I was able to download the most recent version of FreeCAD for the Mac (version 0.15). It seems more newbie/user friendly. I was able to load in JR's sample and play around with it. I will have to look at a few tutorials as it is blind messing around so far, but it certainly has potential!

Thanks!
        Last edited by Mullins; 03-01-2016, 01:56 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Mullins, I would be glad to help walk you through modifying my files to match what you are trying to build. You can either post questions for me on your build thread if you have one, on the thread I linked you too, or I could start a thread on doing oven related cad help. Let me know if you want assistance and what your preference would be. For the basic 3D work needed to size the oven and place the arch, you don't need to be too fluent in Freecad. You can take some really fine measurements that will help you with your build. If you want to make really cool 3D solids however, it will take some work.
          My build thread
          http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...h-corner-build

Comment

• Thanks JR,

My build thread is here, but it went quiet over the Winter as I covered up the build? http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...=1444076022582 It's time to start to look at it again?

I am not planning on doing to much in CAD apart from rudimentary checking or measures and basic shapes. I had tried for a while to learn Sketchup a while ago, but my other half thought I would have the build done faster in real life with a pen and paper than trying to build it on the computer!

I will look at a few tutorials, and then come back to you with questions (maybe in your build thread and not Dino's! )

Mullins

Comment

Working...
            X