• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OctoForno

Hi
    beautiful brick work!

HOW IS THE SOAPSTONE WORKING OUT?

I have SS slab I plan to use and have been told "it gets too hot" while at the same time "it takes too much heat " and you can't cook correctly -what ever that means.

So im confused - should I add more mass under my SS or reduce it? Should I insulate more under it or reduce it?

you seem to have the quintessential build here. I think you may be crazy but at least you can eat well!
    thanks for all your info - priceless.
    kinda fun to read a small journal of your life in this build forum.

Comment

• Re: OctoForno

Gooters,

Couple items I forgot to mention on your other inquiry: Yes, I would add 25-50% more insulation under the floor if you go with soapstone and one flat layer of firebrick.

Others have reported soapstone scratching heavily but I haven't seen it. In between sessions I like to sweep out the oven and wipe the floor with a wet towel. Looks brand new.

Comment

• Where are all our photo's .................................................. .........:-(
        Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

• And some form of help to aid in navigating this new un-intuitive mess of a system. Things seem to be out of order, no photos, most recent entries are in some unknown location, searches return no results, I. Could go on and on.
          Chip

Comment

• Chip,
            If you haven't already, try this for the most recent posts.
            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Chip,

I feel the same way. My guess is that James' business model has shifted to the consumer e-tailing experience and the cost of maintaining the Forum too cost-prohibitive. Hence, the lack of support (even minimal communication to Forum members) in face of the obvious downgrade in Forum usability. Hell, how is it that Gulf and other members have to spend their time and energy to educate Forum members onSearch and other functions when a simple Sticky from James would do nicely?

The experience for Forum members is now poor at best and readership may well deteriorate (intended) further until it dwindles to a more manageable level for James.

Hope all is well with you.

Comment

• They should just roll back to the old forum.. I visited it everynight. Now I have to remind myself to want to check it out.
                Darin I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food... WC Fields Link to my build http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/4...-ca-20497.html My Picasa Pics https://picasaweb.google.com/1121076...eat=directlink

Comment

Working...
                X