• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pizza_bob
    replied
    Re: Pizza Bob's 42" Build

Dino,

Thank you for the compliments and all your help throughout my build. I can't tell you how many times I looked through your albums to figure out how to do things! The doors should be done sometime before Labor Day - I'll keep you posted with progress.

Happy Cooking!

~Bob

Leave a comment:

• Dino_Pizza
    replied

Thank you for posting it all Bob! I've enjoyed your build from the start. It's been nice watching your patio/pompeii oven project come along throughout the seasons in CT.

That's one of the best tables for 10 I've seen. To seat that many and have everyone able to see each other is going to be great for pizza dinning. The patio floor came out great too.

I love the pizza peel. I'll have to check that out online. A small headed, long handled turning peel is a must. BTW: I went back to look at the pic of you in front of your oven...it does dwarf you (as tall as you are) but it fits the whole patio size and table very well.

Soon as you put a door on your lower base opening, you will be more done than I am. Be sure to post the pic, maybe give me some ideas too .

thanks, Dino

Leave a comment:

• pizza_bob
    replied

Finally, finally, finally have grass in the backyard! The yard has been under construction for three years and it's so nice to see grass! We had success growing grass the past month - it's been a mild summer in Connecticut. The oven is just about complete. I need to get handles on the cedar door which serves as a critter and moisture block - not used for cooking. Then I'm building cedar doors for the storage area under the oven. The pizzas coming out of the oven have been fabulous! I just wanted to thank everyone again for all your help throughout the oven build!

Regards,
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied

Good Morning Bob,
    The set looks perfect! I love the way the Patio and walls came out, a great hardscape all around a perfect OVEN! Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• Millstone Man
    replied

Nice choice and very appropriate for the site. Hope all are doing well after the storms.

Leave a comment:

• pizza_bob
    replied

The patio furniture came in this afternoon! It's cast aluminum and seats 10. Now we need an umbrella and cushions. The oven and patio are in full sunlight from 11:00 AM until 6:00 PM - great for the tomatoes but not for me standing in front of a 900 degree oven!
    They delivered my furniture just before tornado warnings not too far away! My thoughts and prayers go out to the people in Springfield, MA - keep safe!

~Bob

Leave a comment:

• Millstone Man
    replied

Bob - Yes teak will last a very long time but it still weathers and is rough for a table if you don't regularly oil and maintain it. Still a matter of personal taste and style...

Leave a comment:

• pizza_bob
    replied

Thanks guys. We'll probably end up going with cast aluminum but the teak would really look nice when weathered!

Scott,
    I thought teak can be left alone for like 100 years???

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

~Bob

Leave a comment:

• Millstone Man
    replied

Very beautiful stone work and the overall project looks great. I had the same struggle on the patio furniture and ended up with the cast aluminum. I love wood but even teak still weathers and has more maintenance issues that drove me to the cast aluminum. Either way it will look very nice against that stonework.

Leave a comment:

• Aegis
    replied

Hi Bob,
    That patio came out great! Ties the oven into the entire backyard area. Piazza de Pizza Bob! Beautiful! As for furniture we opted for cast aluminum with a bronze color finish. I think any way you go it will look good!
    Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
    John

Leave a comment:

• GianniFocaccia
    replied

That is one nice patio, Bob!

Leave a comment:

• pizza_bob
    replied

It's been awhile since I've updated this...
    The patio was completed a couple months ago and is waiting for some furniture. Not exactly sure what type of patio furniture will look best with all this stone. We have been looking at teak and also cast aluminum. Leaning towards the teak but the cost is pushing us back towards cast aluminum. Any suggestions?? The patio stone is called Norwegian Buff and is 1 3/4" thick.
    We've used the oven quite a few times for pizza and have also done tenderloin roasts, chickens and lasagna. I still can't get over how different and great everything tastes coming out of this oven. We haven't tried bread but are planning on firing it up for pizza and bread over the Memorial Day weekend. Also below are pictures of the retaining walls we had done and my 'scepter"! The pizza peel is a Paderno stainles steel 59" long with 9" diameter head and a sliding handle - it works so well! So we load the pizzas with a wooden peel and spin/unload with the stainless steel. To give you a frame of reference as to how tall this oven ended up being...I am 6'6" tall and the oven dwarfs me!

Hope everyone is doing well! I miss posting and reading posts in here!

Regards,
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• GianniFocaccia
    replied

Wow, Bob. Your patio is coming together nicely. It'll prove to be a great hangout for many wonderful summer evenings. What's really nice is your oven is already completed and ready to go. Nice job!

Leave a comment:

• N3kids
    replied

Thanks so much. Great idea.

Leave a comment:

• BriggsARNP
    replied

I haven't built an oven yet but I have been looking at many of the polished concrete countertops that DIYers have done. They look really cool. Check out the photo gallery to get some ideas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X