X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: John's 42inch Aussie WFO

John,

Nice build and nice looking family!

I have enjoyed your thread and admired your brickwork. Very nice.

Keep up the good work!

CB
    CB

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...-us-13256.html

Comment

Congratulations John.

It’s a good clean looking build. If your anything like me the next bit to finish it off completely will take a loooong time because you are so busy using the oven.

Have you made your first pizza yet? Have fun cooking.

Paul
      Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
      (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Originally posted by countryboy View Post
        John,

Nice build and nice looking family!

I have enjoyed your thread and admired your brickwork. Very nice.

Keep up the good work!

CB
        Thanks CB. Its been a year since I started but definetly worth the wait,

Originally posted by Alter ego View Post
        Congratulations John.

It?s a good clean looking build. If your anything like me the next bit to finish it off completely will take a loooong time because you are so busy using the oven.

Have you made your first pizza yet? Have fun cooking.

Paul
        Hey Paul sure have!! Multiple pizza's I might add.
        Lost 1 of the first few though, tried to take it out of a steel tray and place it on the WFO floor but lets just say that that is not a good idea.

Not in a rush to do any more work though so might wait for summer before tackling the roof.

cheers
        John

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...-wfo-7911.html

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

John,
          I was a bit confused (like a lot of us in the North America) why you were going to "wait for summer" until I saw your kids in their warm winter coats . duh, Great looking family too.
          So the last food pic: is that lamb in potatoes with olive oil, Greek style?

You've done a great job building the oven so there's nothing wrong in taking a break until you get a formal roof. Enjoy the oven until then.

Cheers, Dino
          "Life is a banquet and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct
          http://picasaweb.google.com/Dino747?feat=directlink

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet
          http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BF19875Rnp84Uw

My Oven Thread
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...arts-5883.html

Comment

Congratulations mate. Take a well deserved break. Your family look happy, and for me that matters more than the oven! Enjoy cooking... it's great fun.

Seriously, your mates will constantly hassle you for pizza nights and they will leave very happy... they won't eat pizza anywhere else ever again.

cheers, M.
            Whatever you do, do it with a glass of red.

Comment

Hello all,

Its been a very long time since iv'e had a chance to log in so hope all is well with all. I have not worked on the oven in months other than place a temporary roof to keep out the weather.

I have just about finnished using all the hard wood from my old roof frame during my renovation so its time to get some firewood in.

Just wondering if any Sydney siders have found a good supplier of Split hardwood? I have found this mob Betta Burn Firewood but would like to hear from yourselves re experience and cost

cheers

John
              John

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

Hi mate, give this guy a call. Good rates, he delivers, and many pizzerias around Sydney and Leichhardt use his wood. It's dry, always covered and split into a good size. I tend to split them in half again, but it's great wood. Mix of Yellow Box and Iron bark. Burns long and hot.

Emmbers Firewood Supplies - Home

Call 0418 470 959

cheers

M

Comment

That is one sharp project, I really like the layout and your choice of brick do you have any recent photos?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyMann View Post
                    Hi mate, give this guy a call. Good rates, he delivers, and many pizzerias around Sydney and Leichhardt use his wood. It's dry, always covered and split into a good size. I tend to split them in half again, but it's great wood. Mix of Yellow Box and Iron bark. Burns long and hot.

Emmbers Firewood Supplies - Home

Call 0418 470 959

cheers

M
                    Thanks Michael. Gave them a call today so hopefully they might deliver 1cubic meter at some point this week
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by mn8tr View Post
                      That is one sharp project, I really like the layout and your choice of brick do you have any recent photos?
                      Hi mn8tr.

Thanks for the compliment. I had some bricks left over from my home renovation so just used those. Will try to post some pics over the next week.

Cheers
                      John

Comment

Hi John, did Alex turn up with your firewood? It's really good stuff if you ask me. All dry, good hardwood.

cheers, Merry Christmas and a Good 2011 to you and your family.

Michael.

Comment

Hi michael,

Appreciate the contact as Alex delivered on the 24th. 1 cubic meter + 2 bags of kindling. I was used to using my Oregon 4x2's as fire wood which burned hot and fast with little smoke however the new batch generates alot of smoke and smoked out the neighbours.

Do u generate much smoke and do u split your wood further?

Hope you and your family enjoyed Christmas and hope you have a prosperous 2011

Cheers
                          Last edited by John K; 12-31-2010, 09:49 PM.
                          John

Comment

Hi mate

I split what he gives me in half again to the size of my forearm.

However you get the fire started, I split it in half again to the width of cricket stumps, and give the fire lots of space. it will smoke a little when starting but after 10 mins it should stop completely.

You will find that what he gives you (yellow box and ironbark) burns for much longer than oregon. I would use the split oregon as kindling as it really catches quickly, but doesn't burn for long.

If I have managed to get my firewood wet, then it does smoke a lot.

I have attached a photo of my fire starting for you so you can see. (in this photo I have oregon as kindling amongst the split hardwood)

cheers,

Michael.

Comment

You will find that its the match that smokes the most, if you dont chuck the match into the fire on lighting you will get no smoke at all..
                              The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Thanks Michael,

I had a feeling you split it down again which is something I did not do which probably added to the smoke. Your fire wood stack look great. ,mine is more of a cone setup. will definetly split next time

brickie in oz,
                                so its the match that smokes the most. Didn't pick that one though. lol

for those that are interested prepared and cooked 9 pizza's yesterday for new years eve party at my place followed up today with a nice lamb spitt for my sons birthday.

Used the left over oven heat from yesterday (200 deg at 10am this morning) and roasted about 10-15 potatoes today. Tasted great!!

cheers
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X