Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dave's Northern Virginia Build

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    Stucco lives longer if sealed with a breathable sealer like Prime-A-Pell 200 or ProSoCo Silox PD. Surface sealers (like urethanes) are not good for stucco.
    Thanks!
    Dave
    Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/fornososo/Pizza#

Comment

Thanks from me, too! I was planning an outdoor acrylic, so that would be bad?

Where do I/we get this type of sealer? The big box stores have it?
      CB

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...-us-13256.html

Comment

Just to be clear, an exterior acrylic finish coat is not the same as a sealer. Sealers go on at less than 10 mills, finish coats are 40 mills up to 3/8".

Comment

Stucco lives longer if sealed with a breathable sealer like Prime-A-Pell 200 or ProSoCo Silox PD. Surface sealers (like urethanes) are not good for stucco.
          I think I asked this before in another thread but would elastomeric stucco coating be a good choice as I can get that at my local Home Depot? I can get the coating tinted to my choice of color as well.

George
          George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

I am not a fan of Home Cheapo, do you know what brand it is?

Comment

I am not a fan of Home Cheapo, do you know what brand it is?
              This is the exact product:
              George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

I have not had good luck with Behr coatings on any masonry, concrete, or stucco.

Go to a specialty paint store, ie. Rhoda, and get their highest quality acrylic masonry/stucco paint product. Even then it's still not as nice as a true Elastomeric finish system that is basically a synthetic stucco. Around here you need to be a certified installer to purchase true Elastomeric Finish systems like Dryvit and STO.

Comment

Hmm....that's interesting, about the Behr coating. I was thinking of using it over my final coat of SBC w/acrylic, for the color and for the additional layer of protection.

George
                  Last edited by fxpose; 08-06-2010, 12:30 PM.
                  George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

I wouldn't use it. Get some good stuff, it won't cost any or much more.

Comment

Thanks Tom and Nic, I'll then try the local masonry supply house and see what they have.

George
                      George

My 34" WFO build

Comment

I finished installing the low voltage lights but we needed to supplement with oil lamps. The counters are working great and my wife is having a blast making all types of Italian Pizza.
                        Dave

Comment

Two thumbs up
                          Rod
                          I would have a shot at the answer, if I had the appropriate question.

Comment

• Some Finishing touches

There are a few small things left to do but we are pretty close to using the word "Done".

I installed some hooks for the pizza Tools (left side) and the oven tools (right side). I really like this set-up. The tools do not contact the side of the oven and are easy to remove and replace. I can have my bubble popper in a flash!!

I built a stone wall behind the pond to accent the plants, protect the water from run-off, and to get rid of the rocks that I excavated in the build. I was pretty sloppy with the mortar in hind sight but from a distance it looks great. And of course, even a wall needs a keystone.

Dave

Comment

Dave, you have done a beautiful job with your oven, outdoor kitchen and the pond. I really love the uplights along your paths.
                              Done huh? lol you will find something else to add I'm sure.
                              I am almost done with the oven, but will then start on the outdoor kitchen that just needs to be added now.

Cheers,
                              Tom
                              Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

Thanks Tom,
                                I am looking forward to seeing your concrete countertops.
                                dave

Comment

Working...
                                X