Pompeii Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pompeii Oven

I am planning to build a wood fired oven. I consider myself an inept brick layer.How difficult is it to build? should I go to a precast refactory dome instead?

I am pretty sure that most people start this project with little or no brick laying skill (I know I did). You learn along the way, and frankly, it doesn't have to be perfect...

If you can afford the precast dome, it is sure easier as the stand itself is quite a lot of work. But then you don't get the "pride of authorship"...

Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Pompeii

Originally posted by DrakeRemoray
      I am pretty sure that most people start this project with little or no brick laying skill (I know I did). You learn along the way, and frankly, it doesn't have to be perfect...

If you can afford the precast dome, it is sure easier as the stand itself is quite a lot of work. But then you don't get the "pride of authorship"...

Drake
      Thanks Drake, I like authorship!I havent investigated all I need to, but I'm leaning toward a brick oven. Thganks Jack

Comment

Inept is ok

If you are beginning the project as an inept brick builder that's probably better than many of us who built a brick dome. I started the project with credentials of inept floor tiler, no brick experience. It takes more courage than skill. This forum and the wonderful Pompeii plans gave me all the information I needed.

Have fun!

Comment

I'm going crazy with my project, but so far, the stand is a lot more work than the oven. The deciding factor for me was that I wanted the look of the bricks inside my oven, rather than the smooth modular look.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
          X