Total weight less base/stand on the 48"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total weight less base/stand on the 48"

Newbie here! Awesome site and awesome information, can't wait to start. Building a new home and looking to build a 48" corner oven. here is the dilemma, I was planning on building it on a temporary stand (constructed of heavy duty welded steel) What my plan is.. is to actually completely build it on this temporary stand and than set it in place with a lull forklift when the time is right. So I am looking for a ballpark idea of what the dome and concrete might weigh? Also any input is appreciated outside of my weight question!
    Thanks, Dan

Re: Total weight less base/stand on the 48"

People usually give a ballpark of 8 lbs for a firebrick. i have two types in my build that range from 7.44 to 7.2 lbs each. I used 220 bricks for the dome and flour. I used 4 50# bags of heat stop so the bricks come in around 1585 lbs and the extra 200 for mortar puts you at about 1800 lbs with no chimney built yet. Also consider that you will need the hearth bad under your oven to support it and that will easily a couple thousand lbs to the figure. It can be done I'm sure but it will be a task.
    WCD

My slow journey to pizza.
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ing-12769.html

Comment

Working...
    X