how are you notching your bricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how are you notching your bricks

trying to figure the best way to make small cuts with the HF saw, specifically trying to make the notch for the door to lean against, some refer to this as the pistol cut. is there a trick since with the 10 in round blade its hard to make a 1/2 inch cut

Re: how are you notching your bricks

The only cuts that are hard to make are the really deep cuts, sometimes you have to score those on both side, break off the segment, and trim it freehand. The shallow half inch cut you're taking about, you can just mark the line with a waterproof marker, and pull the table away and cut it freehand. This presupposes that you're using an unsegmented diamond blade where brushing against the blade won't be a disaster.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

that is what I thought, yes smooth blade, will need to watch my fingers still

Comment

Tifosi,
        I ran a cut to the depth I needed. I was using a HF saw so I could raise the blade to make the second cut (of the pistol). On the really long cuts I believe I ended up using the blade as a "mil" to finish the cut. You can see the results here. PhotoPlog - Uploads Posted By Les
        Good luck,

Les...
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
        X