Robot Coupe for dough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot Coupe for dough

Has anyone heard or have experience using a Robot Coupe to mix dough?

OK based on the below comment I thought I better post a picture or two.

Chip
    Last edited by mrchipster; 11-02-2012, 02:57 PM. Reason: Added Photo
    Chip

Re: Robot Coupe for dough

Ive got a chicken coupe that is good for dough when it fails.....
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Of course humanoids use Robot Coupes and food processors to mix dough. And they probably use them to mix wallpaper paste. But that doesn't mean they are worth a %^#& You can do a better job with a variable speed electric drill and a home made dough hook.

The problem is very simple. Overworked, overheated, oxidized dough. It's fine for people who want to make mediocre, tasteless dough in an hour but it will have the qualities of fine cardboard with a tight crumb and none of the unique nature most of us look for in dough for a WFO. Taste, etc. will be substantially impaired. There is nothing gentle about a Robot Coupe (great food processor by the way). It has only one speed and the dough doesn't have a chance. It will be beaten to a pulp, torn, and destroyed within 20 to 30 seconds.

Feel free to try to prove me wrong! But you won't build a reputation as a great WFO pizzaiolo using food processor dough!
      Last edited by texassourdough; 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texassourdough View Post
        Of course humanoids use Robot Coupes and food processors to mix dough. And they probably use them to mix wallpaper paste. But that doesn't mean they are worth a %^#& You can do a better job with a variable speed electric drill and a home made dough hook.

The problem is very simple. Overworked, overheated, oxidized dough. It's fine for people who want to make mediocre, tasteless dough in an hour but it will have the qualities of fine cardboard with a tight crumb and none of the unique nature most of us look for in dough for a WFO. Taste, etc. will be substantially impaired. There is nothing gentle about a Robot Coupe (great food processor by the way) and the dough doesn't have a chance.
        Glad I asked, I found a deal on a commercial model and I will pass. Thanks.

Chip
        Chip

Comment

I used to use dough hook on a kenwood chef and it was acceptable for making dough but since I started hand kneading the dough I wouldn't go back to any mechanical device. The quality of the finished dough is way superior. The exercise isn't bad either.
          Tom

Comment

Unless you kneaded 5kilos or more each time on a daily basis.

Comment

Hand kneading actually works pretty well up to at least 10 kilos/25 pounds and there are people who go far higher. It can be far less messy than a mixer though it does require a bit more attention. The only mixers IMO that can match hand mixing are a spiral or a fork and they are specialty mixers that are $$$, Some people think the Electrolux is near comparable but I have not been able to try one so....

I was trying to be funny Chip but I wanted to emphasize how bad the dough is relative to hand or minimally mixed dough. And I long ago made a batch of dough to verify how bad it was so my "rant" was not just theoretical!

Do it by hand. It is SO easy once you get the hang of it!

Bake on!
              Jay

Comment

Working...
              X