• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texman
    replied
    Re: Official - Show off your tools.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ols-18519.html

This thread has some great discussions and pics of tools.
    Glad to see this discussed with the pics!

Tracy

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Gudday
    Mistertoy very nice looking tools. if it took a bit of effort it was worth it.

mine a a little rougher but what i have found usefull.
    fire tools
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0650.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	821.1 KB
ID:	293657
    Log/pan hook, Hearth mop,ash scoop, natural bristle brush Ash rake (handle not shown as burn't and needing replacement)
    PeelsClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0651.jpg
Size:	853.4 KB
ID:	293658
    Aluminium and the wood one is compressed bamboo
    Other
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0652.jpg
Size:	926.4 KB
ID:	293659
    granite dough board, heavy cutting board and the best pizza cutter on the planet.
    I pop them in a 20 ltre bucket to keep them organised and out of the way otherwise they get underfoot.

Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
    I guess we are not sposta give product links (?!?)
    I think it just links to you own business that is against the rules.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by Mistertoy View Post
    I'm interested in where you get the wax that butchers use on their wooden blocks.. I was thinking of using some grapeseed oil because that is what is recommended for wooden cutting boards.

Brett

I guess we are not sposta give product links (?!?) but it sounds like "Dome Hepot"!

Its Carnuba + Beeswax. Food safe.

Now, can you tell me where you got that ash hook on the left in the first picture? Love that!
    Last edited by deejayoh; 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by Mistertoy View Post
    Here's some photos of the tools I have made. Ideas came from a few different pictures I had seen on the internet.

The wooden pizza peel is made of a central handle of silky oak and the main peel is cedar. Both were old offcuts my father-in-law had laying around under his house. The cedar peel sections are glued and internally nailed to the center handle, so far it has held up.
    Brett
    Those look great...really, really nice work!

Leave a comment:

• V-wiz
    replied

Good stuff guys. Keep em coming. I need to get some tools myslef as im coming closer to that point in my oven build. Any recommendatios for a newbie? Any links? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mistertoy
    replied

Here's some photos of the tools I have made. Ideas came from a few different pictures I had seen on the internet.

The wooden pizza peel is made of a central handle of silky oak and the main peel is cedar. Both were old offcuts my father-in-law had laying around under his house. The cedar peel sections are glued and internally nailed to the center handle, so far it has held up.

I'm interested in where you get the wax that butchers use on their wooden blocks.. I was thinking of using some grapeseed oil because that is what is recommended for wooden cutting boards.

Brett

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

So it is. Thanks for the heads up.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

David, would you share the name of the company that made your metal peel?

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

no. It's a liquid wax, so it soaks in and you wipe off the excess. But my wood peels are in and out of the oven in a flash. No time to burn, just as long as it takes to get the pizza off. I never use them for turning or removal.
    No neither do I but they still get a bit burnt sometimes when placing.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by david s View Post
    Doesn't the wax or oil melt and burn? Some of my wooden peels get a bit burnt on the bottom and I clean them up again with an orbital sander.
    no. It's a liquid wax, so it soaks in and you wipe off the excess. But my wood peels are in and out of the oven in a flash. No time to burn, just as long as it takes to get the pizza off. I never use them for turning or removal.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    I have tried many different ones, but these are what it is down to:

Slotted for putting pizza in, small one for turning, solid one for taking pizza out and a tuned hoe for ash removal and log adjustment.
    I like to see tools with some ashes on them! gotta use em'

I prefer a wood peel to metal for putting pizza into the oven. Finally just ordered a long-handled one, after singeing the arm hairs with a shorty for the past year...

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Originally posted by david s View Post
    Yeah, I'm really happy with the design. Tried it first in 0.9mm and it was a bit bit floppy. Now do it in 1.2 mm and it's just right. You would have to convert to your antiquated imperial system.
    That's when I really appreciate google.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

I have tried many different ones, but these are what it is down to:

Slotted for putting pizza in, small one for turning, solid one for taking pizza out and a tuned hoe for ash removal and log adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

I sanded down one of my peels and applied butcher block wax (same stuff I use on my concrete counters). I couldn't believe the difference for 10 mins of effort.
    Doesn't the wax or oil melt and burn? Some of my wooden peels get a bit burnt on the bottom and I clean them up again with an orbital sander.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X