idea for a form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea for a form

I would like to run this idea in front of you folks it is a movable form. picture it as a sort of a pizza slice of a semi sphere that you turn as you build up each course of bricks. You make it so that it is the correct height so you know in advance that the size will be correct and since it is a form there is no guess work. Fitting bricks is easier as is getting the proper angles. The first several courses will go fast and the upper courses would be fully supported until dry enough to move the form. At the end you just unscrew the shaft and take the form out through the opening of the oven. You should be able to finish the courses right up to the fitting of the keystone. It would only take a sheet metal or body work guy a short time to do this piece of metal. As for me i think i could do it fairly easily and as soon as i build one i will post pics of it. Until then i am including a rough sketch. with this post. Id love to know what you think of this and if you have ever seen something like this already made. the folks on this forum are a clever lot so I am looking forward to your comments
    Last edited by CapeFearHydroGardens; 01-04-2014, 06:57 PM. Reason: picture too small

Re: idea for a form

sorry the sketch was too small here it is bigger

Comment

Are you trying to achieve something as simple as this?
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

not quite i wanted it to be wider so you could do a few more bricks at a time this seems to be just for one brick at a time but i would guess its the same basic idea

Comment

The brick self-support, the form is just to keep you on shape.

Comment

Originally posted by CapeFearHydroGardens View Post
            not quite i wanted it to be wider so you could do a few more bricks at a time this seems to be just for one brick at a time but i would guess its the same basic idea
            This is what I used a while back. Two pieces of 2" rigid foam insulation board, screwed together. It took about 10 minutes to make.

Click image for larger version

Name:	top course form(8).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	303142

Click image for larger version

Name:	P9010019.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	303143
            Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
            John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by CapeFearHydroGardens View Post
              I was setting my bricks with hot melt glue - one at a time was about all I could handle.
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Great ideas and pictures for shaping that dome. Appreciate the thread.

Comment

Working...
                X