Perlite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perlite

After I finished my dome in bricks and I put refectory stucco, I need to put perlite!,but when im putting the Insulation Blanket and the wire? in which level?

Re: Perlite

Originally posted by Orbaram15 View Post
    After I finished my dome in bricks and I put refectory stucco, I need to put perlite!,but when im putting the Insulation Blanket and the wire? in which level?
    Maybe a picture will help . This is a cross section of my oven.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Insulation and Vent.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	307595

I hope this helps
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thank you man.

The insulation board can be perlite or vermicrete right??

Comment

The chicken wire goes over the ceramic fibre blanket and helps hold the vermicrete/perlcrete. That material is 'different' to manage but there is plenty about that on here. I used the 'smear and leave' method and returned to add more as required.

The insulation board is usually calsil or equivalent or 4 inches of vermicrete.
        Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Thank you man.

The insulation board can be perlite or vermicrete right??
          Yes, perlite and vermiculite are both acceptable. In my case "Vermicrete", was made on site using vermiculite and portland cement. I am not sure by your meaning of "board"? There are factory made "boards" for each that use different binders, than portland cement.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

thank you both of you but after the insulation from down what i need to do to make the insulation in the dome work good?

what is the levels and the best insulation martials.

the heat in your ovens are good and not escapes??

Comment

thank you both of you but after the insulation from down what i need to do to make the insulation in the dome work good?

what is the levels and the best insulation martials.

the heat in your ovens are good and not escapes??
              I'm having a little trouble with part of your question. I will try and expand my drawing above to see if that helps. But, due to my long work day, I only have a few minutes a night to contribute to the forum. Please bare with me, it may take a few days. It would be great if you could find a friend who could translate some of the builds on this site for you. It would even be greater, if a FB member (who speaks Israeli) could help translate. I really do want to help, and there are many others that do also.

Don't give up on us

Comment

Or,

Have you tried translating the FornoBravo pages to Hebrew? Forgive me, if that is not your native language. I am sure that some parts will be lost in translation, but I think that you will get a lot more out of this forum if you do. I hope that this translation using Microsoft Word makes sense . If it does, I and others will know how to proceed with the answers to your questions.

Also, you might try writing your questions in your own native language and then converting it to English. I am using Microsoft Word to translate this message.

או, האם ניסית לתרגם את הדפים FornoBravo לעברית? סלח לי, אם זה לא שפת שלך. אני בטוח כי חלקים מסוימים יאבדו בתרגום, אך אני חושב כי תקבל הרבה יותר מתוך הפורום הזה אם תעשה. אני מקווה כי זה תרגום באמצעות Microsoft Word הגיוני. אם כן, אני ואחרים ידעו כיצד להמשיך התשובות לשאלות שלך. בנוסף, אתה יכול לנסות לכתוב את השאלות שלך בשפת שלך ולאחר מכן המרת לאנגלית. אני משתמש ב- Microsoft Word כדי לתרגם את המסר הזה

EDIT: Sorry, I just translated that back into English using the same program. And, a lot was lost in translation .
                Last edited by Gulf; 03-17-2015, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Or,

Here are the first steps. It is a very basic drawing. It is not drawn to scale and I have tried to simplify my origional plans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Basic Steps For A WFO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	307671

You asked "what the levels" were. I hope that this can get you started. I will add more basic steps later.

You asked what is the best insulation. My answer to that is the best that is easily obtainable, and affordable for you.

My oven holds the heat very well.

At this point, you need to let us know what is the primary purpose for your oven? If it is for multiple batches of bread, you may want a thicker brick floor than I have shown.
                  Last edited by Gulf; 03-18-2015, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X