• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luke22
    replied
    Re: Saftey Issues

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    Also, dont forget to check for spammers before use.
    WTH! What spam?
    I just mentioned about the safety measures for industrial equipments.

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

Originally posted by Polo View Post
    It means "If it hurt, it did you good"
    "And if it kills you, it did the world good."

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by luke22
    You forgot to mention ladders.
    Ladders should be of fiberglass ladders , rather than aluminum
    Fiberglass ladders should be inspected properly before using it.
    Also, dont forget to check for spammers before use.

Leave a comment:

• vikhas16
    replied

hi,
    thanx for such nice tips and tricks. i was thinking of installing the one..
    now i will use your tips before instaling.
    regards

Leave a comment:

• Polo
    replied

Originally posted by mikku View Post
    Probably a little kid, looking for sympathy after hurting himself...Wouldn't appreciate those words.. But the gestures accompanying the words would make all things better!

Is he still living?

Too many things tying a person to their roots are lost when a loved one passes, you do not realize it until after they are gone!
    No, he passed away in 2008. You are right, I do miss him, but I know he is watching.

Leave a comment:

• mikku
    replied

Probably a little kid, looking for sympathy after hurting himself...Wouldn't appreciate those words.. But the gestures accompanying the words would make all things better!

Is he still living?

Too many things tying a person to their roots are lost when a loved one passes, you do not realize it until after they are gone!

Leave a comment:

• mikku
    replied

Wise words!

Leave a comment:

• Polo
    replied

It means "If it hurt, it did you good"

Leave a comment:

• mikku
    replied

Google translate must miss something "Have hurt you, well done"??
    How did your father's words interpret?

Leave a comment:

• Polo
    replied

The pain does not compare to the realization "How stupid the act is!"

Any fool can get hurt once-- by doing something stupid! But twice takes the cake!

Like the old joke-- "You see a "Finlander" hitting himself in the head with a hammer, you ask him---"Why are you hitting yourself with the hammer?"; answer: "Because it feels SO GOOD when you stop!"

"I'm a Finlander, so I hope others take no offense!" We are also known for our axes, knives, heavy drinking, great architucture, environmental conscientiousness, and a whole lot more!-- A very melancholy group--suffer from this ailment when times are good! Revel when times are bad!
    My heritage is German, 1st generation. My father always said "Hast weh getan, hast gut getan.

Leave a comment:

• mikku
    replied

The pain does not compare to the realization "How stupid the act is!"

Any fool can get hurt once-- by doing something stupid! But twice takes the cake!

Like the old joke-- "You see a "Finlander" hitting himself in the head with a hammer, you ask him---"Why are you hitting yourself with the hammer?"; answer: "Because it feels SO GOOD when you stop!"

"I'm a Finlander, so I hope others take no offense!" We are also known for our axes, knives, heavy drinking, great architucture, environmental conscientiousness, and a whole lot more!-- A very melancholy group--suffer from this ailment when times are good! Revel when times are bad!

Leave a comment:

• mikku
    replied

My wheel was not cheap, the technique of use was faulty!

The wound excavated meat a bit and mixed glove together--so vigorous cleaning was necessary, so my finger has the "face lift" appearance from drawing baggy skin taunt!

Yep! Safety no laughing matter, stupidity is!

Leave a comment:

• Polo
    replied

Safety issue with power tools!

LEAVE GUARDS IN PLACE! THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON!

I had 8 stitches across the top of my left index finger last summer, and 6 across the top of my left thumb--a different time!

Both times from using a 1mm thick cutting wheel on an angle grinder that broke while cutting metal. Guard removed to get a slightly deeper cut! (In my hand unfortunately)

It is so quick that you do not even feel it until you look at the blood all over your hand and feel a burning sensation ---then you say " Oh s--t!" and it's too late! Time to get some stitches again! BTW the throbbing reoccurs when your hands get cold!

"Beginners usually do not get hurt as often"---they read safety instructions!
    It is once you start feeling too comfortable with the job you are doing that you get overconfident! A lot of pros can show off their scars and missing parts!
    I feel your pain. Last summer while working on my outdoor kitchen, I had such a cutting wheel break in half. One half flew across the yard, the other half lodged itself firmly in my face. Fortunately they were able to glue the 1.5" gash back together. Still have a scar, but not nearly as bad as it could have been.
    Lesson learned? Don't buy cheap azz cutting wheels and always wear a proper face shield.

Leave a comment:

• mikku
    replied

Safety issue with power tools!

LEAVE GUARDS IN PLACE! THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON!

I had 8 stitches across the top of my left index finger last summer, and 6 across the top of my left thumb--a different time!

Both times from using a 1mm thick cutting wheel on an angle grinder that broke while cutting metal. Guard removed to get a slightly deeper cut! (In my hand unfortunately)

It is so quick that you do not even feel it until you look at the blood all over your hand and feel a burning sensation ---then you say " Oh s--t!" and it's too late! Time to get some stitches again! BTW the throbbing reoccurs when your hands get cold!

"Beginners usually do not get hurt as often"---they read safety instructions!
    It is once you start feeling too comfortable with the job you are doing that you get overconfident! A lot of pros can show off their scars and missing parts!

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Yeah, I'd be concerned too. The fibres are considered dangerous if inhaled. I think they're ok if ingested. If you've sealed the cracks from the outside then there should be no way they can get out, but with expansion and contraction going on there could be some abrasive action going on where the blanket contacts the dome.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X