X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saftey Issues

The pain does not compare to the realization "How stupid the act is!"

Any fool can get hurt once-- by doing something stupid! But twice takes the cake!

Like the old joke-- "You see a "Finlander" hitting himself in the head with a hammer, you ask him---"Why are you hitting yourself with the hammer?"; answer: "Because it feels SO GOOD when you stop!"

"I'm a Finlander, so I hope others take no offense!" We are also known for our axes, knives, heavy drinking, great architucture, environmental conscientiousness, and a whole lot more!-- A very melancholy group--suffer from this ailment when times are good! Revel when times are bad!

Comment

Originally posted by mikku View Post
      The pain does not compare to the realization "How stupid the act is!"

Any fool can get hurt once-- by doing something stupid! But twice takes the cake!

Like the old joke-- "You see a "Finlander" hitting himself in the head with a hammer, you ask him---"Why are you hitting yourself with the hammer?"; answer: "Because it feels SO GOOD when you stop!"

"I'm a Finlander, so I hope others take no offense!" We are also known for our axes, knives, heavy drinking, great architucture, environmental conscientiousness, and a whole lot more!-- A very melancholy group--suffer from this ailment when times are good! Revel when times are bad!
      My heritage is German, 1st generation. My father always said "Hast weh getan, hast gut getan.

Comment

Google translate must miss something "Have hurt you, well done"??
        How did your father's words interpret?

Comment

It means "If it hurt, it did you good"

Comment

Wise words!

Comment

Probably a little kid, looking for sympathy after hurting himself...Wouldn't appreciate those words.. But the gestures accompanying the words would make all things better!

Is he still living?

Too many things tying a person to their roots are lost when a loved one passes, you do not realize it until after they are gone!

Comment

Originally posted by mikku View Post
                Probably a little kid, looking for sympathy after hurting himself...Wouldn't appreciate those words.. But the gestures accompanying the words would make all things better!

Is he still living?

Too many things tying a person to their roots are lost when a loved one passes, you do not realize it until after they are gone!
                No, he passed away in 2008. You are right, I do miss him, but I know he is watching.

Comment

hi,
                  thanx for such nice tips and tricks. i was thinking of installing the one..
                  now i will use your tips before instaling.
                  regards
                  Tennis Academy

Comment

Originally posted by luke22
                    You forgot to mention ladders.
                    Ladders should be of fiberglass ladders , rather than aluminum
                    Fiberglass ladders should be inspected properly before using it.
                    Also, dont forget to check for spammers before use.
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo View Post
                      It means "If it hurt, it did you good"
                      "And if it kills you, it did the world good."

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                        Also, dont forget to check for spammers before use.
                        WTH! What spam?
                        I just mentioned about the safety measures for industrial equipments.
                        Fiberglass Ladders Online

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                          "And if it kills you, it did the world good."
                          A rather extreme view in my opinion, but if you feel that your demise might be better for the world, then by all means...........................have at it.
                          Last edited by Polo; 09-03-2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

A rather extreme view in my opinion, but if you feel that your demise might be better for the world, then by all means...........................have at it.
                            I was thinking along the lines of the Darwin Awards, it had to do with the idiom.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentius View Post
                              I was thinking along the lines of the Darwin Awards, it had to do with the idiom.
                              I'm sure you could see how your post could have been taken other than the way you meant it. You should try to express yourself a bit better.

Comment

I'm sure you could see how your post could have been taken other than the way you meant it. You should try to express yourself a bit better.
                                Thanks for the advice, Polo.

Comment

Working...
                                X