Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A virtual tour of what we have built

Hey All,

This past weekend I continued my goofing off from actual work on the oven and finished a Flash application I started over the holidays that will allow folk to take a virtual tour of the oven progress to date via a series of spherical panoramas (works with Flash v 8 & 9).

It is located at:

OvenCamHiRes

James, I looked for a way to load this on the FBsite but couldn?t find it, so put it on my site (with appropriate credit and link to the FB community in the floor of both the dome and arch).

The application will allow visitors to look at every inch and flaw in the dome, arch and front area of the oven. You will be able pan left, right, up, down, zoom in/out to determine when I switched from a brush to a sponge for clean up, when I ran out of refmix and had to switch to refrax , where I got impatient with partials and when I finally started taking the ?if it?s not going to be seen don?t spend time on it? advice from the instructions.

To view, once the application comes up and the panorama has loaded, hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse in the direction you want to view (up down left right arrows also work). Along the way you will run across faded red arrows. Mousing over these arrows will display a caption of the next area of the tour, clicking on the arrow will take you to the area in the caption. There is a help button in the lower right of the appliance if you have problems.

if the motion is jumpy at the above URL try the low res version at:

OvenCamLoRes

I will be adding a slide show and a 360 of the outside of the oven once the weather breaks and I can move the tent. In the meantime if you have any suggestions or run into any problems, drop me a note.

Thanks once again for all the support that has gotten me this far.
    Jim

Re: A virtual tour of what we have built

jcg31

What a professional presentation. You must “play” a lot with flash media, a very talented young man. I really like the view from inside your oven looking at the transition to the arched doorway! It looks very strong; a complete arch and it will last hundreds of years. I can’t remember without going back through your thread, but did you use scribe attachment to the “hinged rod center pivot tool”? Impressive design and masonry skills!

Guerito

Comment

Way cool!

Drake
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

As I'v said before quite impressive. Not only with the building of your WFO but with the high tech filming. All of this on top of your drawings. WOW
        RCLake

"It's time to go Vertical"
        Oven Thread

Comment

You can even see the signature on the keystone!!!

Very nice!!!
          My oven progress -
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
          sigpic

Comment

Very cool. My problem is that I got dizzy and had to sit down.... Wait a minute, I am sitting down.

Better than a Disney ride. :-)
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

That was fun! Way better than my cheesy video.
              Ken H. - Kentucky
              42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
              Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Au contraire, mon frère.

I still go back to yours to see that very cool draw effect and dream of some day, when my thermocouples will be in place, my tent placed in its handy carrying case and curing fires moving through the schedule.

Jim
                Last edited by jcg31; 01-16-2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerito View Post
                  jcg31

What a professional presentation. You must “play” a lot with flash media, a very talented young man. I really like the view from inside your oven looking at the transition to the arched doorway! It looks very strong; a complete arch and it will last hundreds of years. I can’t remember without going back through your thread, but did you use scribe attachment to the “hinged rod center pivot tool”? Impressive design and masonry skills!

Guerito
                  Sorry I missed your post, apart from your very kind words, thank you for the young man characterization. My definition of old keeps moving. I have had various measures of when I would consider myself old, for example when I was older than my football heroes, then coaches, then doctors, now presidents. Against the current cast of characters I would be real old if Obama wins and within days of being tied for old if John Edwards wins. Anyone else and I remain young for at least until January of 2013.

I did indeed use the scribe or compass attachment to curve the back of the arch. I am a novice mason without the ability to do any of this without the crutches I was using to get through the process. Here is the link to tool that will give you a glimpse of how I drew the cuts for the arch.
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...heme-2985.html

Thanks Again,
                  Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X