Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven wood storage...

Another post made me think about this tip:

When storing wood under your oven or fireplace, make sure you have an aggressive slope so that any storm water drains away from your wood and avoids any puddling.
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Oven wood storage...

XJ, that's good thinking. Too late for me... maybe I can build a "rack" to keep the wood off of the slab.

To also help, after cooking and the oven has cooled a little I've started pushing coals and embers to one side and put a load of wood on the other and let it "cure" in the heat for the next time I start a fire. That way, at least I have good dry wood to start off.....

Comment

Mark, if you've got a puddle you can always just tile your wood storage area and make it drain out.

Comment

My drainage problem was created when i put in the wall supports for my granite countertop. The slab drained well but the walls were perpendicular to the slope. When it storms, I get a puddle backup at each wall (dam).

Tip #2 Put drain holes at the base of walls, counter supports, etc that run perpendicular to the slope of your terrace/patio.....

Comment

Working...
        X