Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry. I'm thick:please donate to Ludite Foundation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry. I'm thick:please donate to Ludite Foundation.

Vacuum sealing food.
    For domestic use: which draws the greater negative pressure - manual, (as in the PumpnSeal model: [Thank you Frances! That is quite (but not quiet)enough], or the electric jobs?

You good folk were very giving last time I put this question. Ashamedly, I couldn't tell who voted manual , or what the other. P.Police gave a direct answer, and as I'm a mutant, I found his reply encouraging.
    So thanks eh.

BTW. A lot of you mob have let me share your lives, so here's bloody payback eh. Found this pup in the hills near Cooktown (Aust),second last trip. Latitude around 16*S, so not dissimilar to Guatamala I guess. Poor bugger was lost. Anyway, he camped with us for a couple of days, then we went into town and, miracuously*, met a bloke who knew both dog and owner.
    Just have a casual squizz at the feet. Be a big boy when he grows up d'ya reckon?

(1)Love you mob.
    (2)* can't use spellcheque
    (3)Dog owners rule! Sir George with his skinny Lab, James with the Errant son, Wotname with 2.5 labs...........
    And of course all those who are grieving.(But that is a whole different post eh.Not now.)
    So on behalf of our Alpha Bitch (flamin' smart-arse paint-splasher that she is),
    Selamat tidur, or Bon Soir , or I'd best buggeroff eh.
    J.
    Sorry. Images did not generate.
    Back into the cave, man.
    J.

Re: Sorry. I'm thicklease donate to Ludite Foundation.

Man, I LOATHE being a ludite.
    Fair dinkum, this ethereal nonsense.
    Anyway, "Take 91, and..."........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................bugger all!.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................so who cares?
    Jeff the bemused.

Comment

Jeff! You silly boy! Go to bed! (NOW!)
      Your loving owner,
      Jessie.

Comment

That mongrel flamin' dog has hijacked this thread, dead set.
        My apologies to the more dedicated amongst us (dmun. Frances. Sir George of Longview. All serious participants, eh, and never a wicked wink, not once.)
        I offered images of our shanty, but it seems that the ochre from the 'Dog's Pause 'have caused the keys to paws. It really is getting up my nose. Ever since The Wench, (not My Lady, at this stage), taught the flea-bag to type,trouble has been a close companion.
        Such is life.Sleep well, my friends. (And yer smart-arse canines. Scheesh).
        Jeff - the underdog.

Comment

What the bloody hell was that???????? Jeff I usually find you to be quite amusing and a tad, wee bit confusing. All in all, very entertaining.
          This string has left me dazed, confused, and searching for a Ludite dictionary, encyclopedia, cross reference.....anything that might give me a clue.
          Redneck Dave - I need help translating, PLEASE

RT

Comment

Here's the deal as I see it. If the balloon goes up and we no longer have Navajo Code-Talkers.. ...We always have Jeff.
            As a trained investigator, I have no clue what he says most of the time.
            Good on ya, Jeff.

Comment

...and maybe that is just as well... Entertaining posts though
              "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Jeff I think you need to explain that most Australian dogs are really quite proficient typists. I once had a Shepherd Dobberman cross who regularly wrote letters to the editor on animal rights. He was also a luddite and destroyed two lawnmowers a dishwasher. I understand you perfectly. Must be a cultural thing.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thank you David. Remiss of me.
                  RTF, my apologies.
                  I am not joking when I claim palaeolithic capabilities re modern comms.
                  Last night I felt a warm inner glow, coupled with a desire to share some of my environment with you Folk, just as so many of you have done for others.
                  Unfortunately, the Image Transfer Fairy wasn't playing, so what was meant to be a (metaphorically) touchy-feely exchange degenerated into a total farce.
                  Look, I'll have another crack at image transfer sometime; and that will only add to the confusion eh.
                  The Luddite's dog,
                  Jessie.

Comment

Have failed to get the Image Transfer Fairy to cooperate again tonight.
                    Sorry. Best I leave it for now.
                    Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff View Post
                      That mongrel flamin' dog has hijacked this thread, dead set.

<Snip>
                      Jeffo the Reffo! I think that mongrel dog should enrol in FB under his/her own name, or perhaps "Paws for thought"... (You see, your ruddy luddite athwartness is rubbing off on me, already...)

Needless to say, I - having lived in Oz, including Kuranda and such, for near on 40 years - completely understand you!

Leap up the good work (sorry, our new mutant henster Sophie is traipsing across the keyboard now...)

Cheers mate, you'll yet master the comms, seeing you've mastered the double entendre :-)

Luiz a.k.a. carioca
                      "I started out with nothing, and I've still got most of it"

Comment

ha, from what I can see Jeff must have been born with a full set of entenders!!
                        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Frances,

This has nothing to do with the Jeffodictionary. Anybody thinking about a gentle fork mixer might want to have a look here: SANTOS - 10 liters dough mixer - kneader - n?18 for restaurants, pizzerias, pastry shops, institutions.... This mixer is made in France and would be a good size for Forum members, though somebody would have to teach the Luddite how to turn it on.

I hasten to add, however, that my mentor, William Blake, had pronouced Luddite leanings, though I don't think he ever destroyed a power loom.

Jim
                          Last edited by CanuckJim; 04-07-2008, 05:01 PM. Reason: incomplete
                          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

CJ,
                            any idea how much the mixer costs? Looks cool! Any preference over the other mixer recently reviewed here ( I've completely forgotten the name - Electrolux?)
                            GJBingham
                            -----------------------------------
                            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
                              CJ,
                              any idea how much the mixer costs? Looks cool! Any preference over the other mixer recently reviewed here ( I've completely forgotten the name - Electrolux?)
                              Santos Dough Mixer Kneader - 10 Quarts, Dough Equipment

Looks like 1400 bucks or so....

When you buy yours George.. please grab one for me too.

I appreciate it!

Dwats
                              My thread:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
                              My costs:
                              http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
                              My pics:
                              http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Working...
                              X