My pizza tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pizza tools

Made these from stainless steel unsure if they work ok as oven not completed

Nice looking tools! Watch out for those stainless needles though - wouldn't want one of those stuck to the bottom of a pizza
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

There are a lot of people who will not use a metal brush on the cooking floor. It could be very dangerous if a pice falls out. I just slap the floor with the peel or use a blow pipe. Just a suggestion.

Randy

Comment

Blow pipe? do you blow down a pipe using your mouth ? better not suck then lol. Seen a damp towel on a peel used on youtube for pizza and bread.
        See what you mean about the bristles could be nasty if one came adrift.
        A blow pipe should be easy to make too.

Comment

There has been quite a few reports here in the states of people going to emergency with stomach pain - check out the results of a google search I did - it's enough to make you want to throw away all your grill scrapers.
          My build thread
          https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Yes myke you have the idea. Then all the ash will get sucked up the chimney. It works great.

Randy

Comment

+3 on the wire brush . Lots of folks still use them, and they are on just about every pizza oven tool list. They are no longer on mine lol. I bought a natural bristle brush. But, I rarely ever use it because I use the "peel slap" and a blow pipe. The peel slap method works great on a hot oven, since the draft takes the fines right up and out the chimney/flu. For a few seconds it looks like smoke coming out. So far, I haven't seen much need to brush a cold oven. I just rake most of the ash out and start another fire.

For my blow pipe, I added a little "mechanical advantage", and it has a check valve . I found a very small bellows at a local farm supply.

Your rake will work fine, but if you will extend it to one side, and tweak it to where it works for your dome, you will like it a lot better. I can place the bade of mine in the very back of my dome where the it meets the flloor and pull to one side all the way to the door. Then, flip it over and do the other side. It cleans those corners very well. I call this design a "rooker". That is the Old French term and design for an oven rake. Check this thread out by Navyintel. navyintel.

Edit: Repairing link.
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Take a hammer and tap down on the end of the copper tube a bit to make it flatter, it will increase the speed of the air coming out of the pipe (kind of the jet principle). Makes it a little easier to make a lung full of air last a little longer and create a hotter coal burn on the "blow". I also found that if you don't find a bellows and don't like to wrap your lips around the copper tube, find an old mouth piece for a trumpet (or such) and fit it on one end for a better "mouth feel".
                Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Those bellows look nice will have to keep my eyes open or I may even make a set .You carnt beat a funtional tool that looks good and can be used to kick start the fire too.
                  Cheers Myke

Comment

Anyone like to take a photo of there tools (pizza tools) and post them? please say how funtional they are etc. Would rather see a bit of bent scappy looking iron thats funtional than posh looking tools that arnt any use.

Comment

There is a whole thread dedicated to tools with pics. Do a thread search on tools. Thread name is something like "Official - Show me your tools"
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Myke, as Russell noted above, there is a sticky thread under the Brick Oven Cooking group and Get Cooking category, Thread = Favorite Pan, Tool, or Gadget. I posted #45 in the thread with an attached pdf document showing my set of fire management, prep & baking tools...most are not very posh or shiny. In the pdf I explained what I liked about each and why I used them. I hope that thread and category is what you're looking for...
                        Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
                        Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
                        Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
                        Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

There's more here, take a look .
                          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by SableSprings View Post
                            Myke, as Russell noted above, there is a sticky thread under the Brick Oven Cooking group and Get Cooking category, Thread = Favorite Pan, Tool, or Gadget. I posted #45 in the thread with an attached pdf document showing my set of fire management, prep & baking tools...most are not very posh or shiny. In the pdf I explained what I liked about each and why I used them. I hope that thread and category is what you're looking for...

Did have a look cheers was an interesting document and just the thing I was after. (rather have tools that work than shiny crap that dont) Or even better shiny tools that work.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                              There's more here, take a look .

Cheers for that did a search and never found this thread some nice peels and advice there think I will be making a small peel for turning pizzas now.

Comment

Working...
                              X