Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WFO with Rotisserie - design help required!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WFO with Rotisserie - design help required!

Hi all,

In the design phase of a WFO, and I would really like to incorporate an automatic rotisserie, something like I have on my BBQ (see link below).

We have been cooking Peking duck (our own ducks) for a number of years now in the BBQ and we would LOVE to do them in the WFO. Oh, the crispiness of it makes me drool already :/

How would you do this? Anyone done it before?

My ideas?

Rear of oven, opposite entry, either:
    1. Permanently install a heavy duty SS bracket with appropriate hole/clamp for the rotisserie rod as close to the wall as possible - about 300mm (12") off the floor. Bolt to "something" before laying bricks.
    - I can see issues with this getting in the way of even heat transfer and ash/coals getting caught behind it.
    OR
    2. Drill a hole in the middle of the closest to 300mm rear firebrick and cement a stainless steel plug of some sort that the rotisserie rod would insert into.
    - Risk of the firebrick cracking due to heat stresses/expansion.

Front of oven, outside the outer arch/flu probably on the very front of the hearth slab, (significantly less heat on the electric motor) I would cement a bracket into the floor of the oven, or front of the hearth, that I could attach a removable post to that I can quickly screw on or off as needed.

There would also need to be a 'hole' in the middle of the inner arch door that the rod would need to be threaded to so the heat can be retained. Peking duck is slow baked for 24-48 hours!

Yes, it would be a challenge get the door on and then two birds on the rod and then feeding it through to a bracket/hole in the back of a very hot oven!

Anyone help out there would be super!

Cheers

Greg

Find Gasmate 240V Rotisserie Kit at Bunnings Warehouse. Visit your local store for the widest range of outdoor living products.
    Cheers

Greg

My Build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...erra-australia

Photo Album: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...JZX8QMLT_9mVj7

My suggestion would be to make a frame to support the spit rod so the loaded spit could be slid into the oven and a door made in two parts to close around the spit rod

Comment

Working...
    X