Recommendation for Cutting Brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for Cutting Brick

I'm getting my materials together to build a Pompeii style oven. I'm looking for any feedback / information on cutting the firebricks. I saw these saws at HF and wondering if anyone has experience with any of these 3 saws shown. Please see attached photo. Obviously the less expensive one, if it works well, would be my first choice, but not adverse to the $269 model. Any other saw recommendations would be welcome. Thanks very much for the help.
    John

"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"- Churchill

I have the older 10" saw i purchased about 8 years ago...A 14" saw would be even better to cut the arch bricks but the 10" works as well you just have to do it in 2 passes. 7" saw is to small in my opinion. I originally purchased my saw for retaining wall project and since have done 2 stone flooring projects and now the pizza oven.

Ricky
    My Build Pictures
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

I used a 7" saw for my build. It obviously also required 2 cuts, one from each side. After the cuts there was about 1/8 to 1/4" that remained uncut. That was simple enough to break. If I needed a smooth edge I just needed to run the rough remaining bit along the blade (Using like a grinder) to clean up the excess.

The water tray was quite small so I set it aside and used the saw propped on fire bricks in a Rubbermaid container full of water.

If I were building ovens often, I'd get a larger saw, but for a one off project, the 7" saw worked fine for me
      David in Calgary
      My Build Thread

Comment

Use the DEWALT 7 in. Concrete and Brick Diamond Circular Saw Blade for dry and wet cutting. This blade is ideal for brick and other masonry materials. It features heavy-duty metal construction and a hard, diamond-reinforced edge for durability.
        text to speech
        mortgage calculator online

Comment

Working...
        X