Cracks on pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracks on pizza oven

Hi! After building our pizza oven I have a very large crack.and a lot hairline cracks. The big one expand when oven hot and I can see smoke coming. I built the oven with fire bricks and refractory cement like a Canon vault how I ficks the crack . What best way to insulate oven.I was thinking to put insulation around the oven like a ceramic fire blanket Chicken wire and refractory cement? Should I leave the cracks in order let expand...will the blanket catch on fire cause the cracks.?? or should I just put like the chicken wire and refractory cement whit out the blanket ... is sb could help me. Looking for the best option .... I also see people put a double line of bricks on top what should I do.

Can you post some photos of the cracks?
    My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
    My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

The best method would have been to insulate first using ceramic fiber blanket and then vermiculite cement(vermiculite and Type N mortar) before coating with a layer of render. How thick is the current concrete render? It will become part of the thermal mass of this oven so you could now insulate with both the insulators mentioned above or just the vemiculite cement with a slip layer in between and then coat the whole thing in another layer of render. You would both have a more efficient oven and have less of a likelyhood of the render cracking(although it still happens sometimes).

My website
      Last edited by cowolter; 04-02-2021, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Hi, hope this is the right place to ask, please could you let me know how much (in litres) of Vermiculate would I likely need for a 36" internal diameter firebrick pizza oven. In order to make vermiculate/cement mix for the outside to go over the insulation blanket and chicken-wire covering? I am aiming for a depth of c.2" of Vermiculate on top of 2" of insulation blanket, and I imagine that with the firebricks and insulation, the external diameter from which I will be putting the vermiculate on, will be c.50" (7" of firebrick and insulation out from the internal diameter on either side)? I can order in bags of 100litres...

Comment

Working...
        X