Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home brew mix design?

Hello all!

First off ,Thanks for all the great info this forum provides!

I am embarking on my 2nd cast oven build. I will include some pics of my first oven that stayed with our house we sold. This will be my first try at a home brew mix. My main question is, is there a link to a mix recipe in Lb’s anywhere? As far as the 3:1:1:1 goes is that weight or volume? I definitely wish I would have found this site before I built my first oven. That being said I did get to use it for 6 years and enjoyed every minute of it. I’m looking forward to this new build and will be posting pics along the way.
    Attached Files

BThere is a spreadsheet somewhere, which provides plenty of detail on quantities in both metric and imperial, but I’m not sure where to find it. Someone else might chime in to help with its location. The homebrew is so cheap to make that quantities are not an issue the 3:1:1:1 mix of sand, Portland cement, hydrated lime and powdered clay is measured by volume, mixed dry and then water added to it “ball up consistency”.
    There are quite a number of well documented homebrew cast builds in the cast ovens section that should answer most of your questions.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks David!! I was going by weight so That explains why my mix was so lime rich ‍♂️ I always try to do a fair share of research before I post questions on forums because I know the answer is more than likely here, it’s just very easy to get sidetracked with all the other great info. When you mentioned the cast oven section, are you referring to the other types section?

Comment

Originally posted by Ocm6250 View Post
        Thanks David!! I was going by weight so That explains why my mix was so lime rich ‍♂️ I always try to do a fair share of research before I post questions on forums because I know the answer is more than likely here, it’s just very easy to get sidetracked with all the other great info. When you mentioned the cast oven section, are you referring to the other types section?
        Yes, look for cast ovens in the Other Ovens section. The best way to search the forum is to pose your question to Google and include Forno Bravo. The FB search function doesn't work as well.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
        X