Chipped brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipped brick

During my oven build,I noticed a brick with a chip about 1/2 " in diameter. should I remove the brick? repair It? and if so ,how?
    Thanks!

Re: Chipped brick

masuzzu
    I wouldn't worry about it...especially not if it is in the slightest way inconvenient...it won't affect the oven's performance...incidentally where in CT...I used to wrok in SE CT...Norwich actually...lived in Willimantic
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Thanks for the information,
      I live in the opposite end of Connecticut , near the New York border.

Comment

I know that area pretty well also...I grew up in the hudson valley in NY...dad worked in Greenwich...good friends in Fairfield County...good luck to you! I will enjoy seeing your oven progress!
        Best
        Dutch
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
        X