X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoma
    replied
    Re: Perfect Pizza Dough by Weight

OK everyone, I think this thread was about Perfect Pizza Dough by weight?

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Frances, that's it. Our new tagline.

The Pompeii Oven. Perfection through 2,000 years of evolution. :-)
    James
    Last edited by james; 04-03-2008, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Cmon Guys! Surely perfect are the continually changing and adapting FB oven plans! Right?

Ever since I found this site, I've been sticking my head into every WFO oven I come across and - even including our recent holiday in Italy (!) - I have yet to come across an oven with a cooler design.

...golf, duh!

Leave a comment:

• gjbingham
    replied

Dutch! I need you! My game's in the dumpster. I've made my hole in one, so I can quit anytime, but, well, you know. You could always get two in a round, right?

Dave, Clearwater's an awesome beach in April and October. Inbetween that its way too hot for me. Perfect is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Dutchoven
    replied

Being the golf instructor that I am I will differ by saying it isn't perfect....but it sure is pretty darn close...nearest I have seen to absolute perfect was a Canadian guy not many people know about Murray "Moe" Norman...he made a hole in one and someone said "Wow, that was lucky!" He said "Why? That's what I was aiming at!"
    Best
    Dutch

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

Tiger Woods' golf swing.
    James

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
    I do have to ask...will anything ever be perfect?
    Yes... Clearwater beach on a Tuesday in May or June!

Leave a comment:

• RTflorida
    replied

James, that should help lesson the many questions and concerns that have come up recently about the dough recipes. I do have to ask...will anything ever be perfect?

Leave a comment:

• james
    replied

I have (finally) updated the original Perfect Pizza Dough by Weight posting. I should have thought of this a while back -- I can just edit the original posting. Duh.

Anyway, check out the first posting -- which many folks are still reading for the first time. Let me know what you think. Now that I realize I can keep editing the first posting, we can keep updating it until it's, well, perfect.

James

Leave a comment:

• Acoma
    replied

[QUOTE=asudavew;22326]Stick with:
    500 gr flour
    300 gr water
    10 gr salt
    3 gr instant yeast

If I have Active dry yeast, it says to convert to instant is an 80% ratio of the dry, should I really be that concerned? I don't understand the difference, so really, what is the best explanation? I will get the dry if it is really more important.

Leave a comment:

• RCLake
    replied

I try the recipe you posted Dave, basically half the salt as the recipe on this site. Sounds like the right menu for the second football game enjoyment.

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Originally posted by RCLake View Post
    I also noted that the amount of yeast is 10 grams(2 teaspoons) in the e-book versus 3grams(1/2 tsp) on the home page. Maybe that is why I had the yeast question last night. So given that the e-book has half the salt and 4 times the yeast, is this what you expert pizza makers are using?

Stick with:
    500 gr flour
    300 gr water
    10 gr salt
    3 gr instant yeast

I've made at least 20-30 batches like this, and it works for pizza, bread, pitas, etc.

If you want some sweetness try adding sugar.
    I would suggest around 50 grams or more.

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Momo, that Pizza looks really tasty! I'll have to try putting whole Basil leaves on next summer...

RCLake, I have no idea what the experts are using. In Switzerland we have either dry yeast or fresh, and it comes in little portions which are measured for a kilo of flour... I just throw them in without reading the packet or the recipe, maybe a bit less for long rising times, but it works for me. So not much help there I'm afraid...

Leave a comment:

• RCLake
    replied

I also noted that the amount of yeast is 10 grams(2 teaspoons) in the e-book versus 3grams(1/2 tsp) on the home page. Maybe that is why I had the yeast question last night. So given that the e-book has half the salt and 4 times the yeast, is this what you expert pizza makers are using?

Leave a comment:

• Momo
    replied

A typo makes sense. I did take a photo, but the pizza doesn't look like anything you guys are creating. It was sure good though. This was my first "bare bones" pizza with just my own sauce, provalone cheese (in slices), fresh basil leaves, and a drizzle of olive oil. The top did not char as I wanted, but I'm working on that part. Here's a photo of it anyway. This came out of my LPG grill with 1/2" thick pizza stone directly on the grates. I'm going to have another go at it today and this time cook it just a bit longer. I'm also going to try swapping positions from the stone to an upper rack where heat collects in the top of the grill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X