This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your favorite pizza recipe here

We also love a green curry and shrimp/prawn pizza.

Marinate the shrimp/prawns in a thin paste of green curry and white wine for 1 hour.

We then mix the green curry with olive oil for the sauce
    Put down the fresh mozza in spots (much better than packaged)
    Top with the shrimp

Trick is to cook the crust at the opening of the oven for a couple minutes to avoid overcooking the shrimp. When the crust is cooking from the bottom, move into the oven to quickly cook the top. Takes a bit of practice but comes out excellent!

CW
    Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Simple Filetti. I make one every time I fire the oven:

Cherry tomatoes halved and gutted, fresh basil, fresh sauce with mozzarella and a little oregano blend over the top.

Comment

yesterday one of my co-workers gave me a jar of sauerkraut that his father made... got us all thinking, what about a reuben pizza... has anyone made a rye pizza dough, or could i just incorporate some caraway into my regular dough? thousand island for sauce, its basically egg, oil and tomato, corned beef, sauerkraut, shredded provolone..
        gotta give it a try..

Comment

I'm pretty partial to meat on my pizza and very adverse to vegetables, fruits and nuts (although they are always popular and necc for a pizza party) but this has to be one of my top five:

Arugala
          Gouda
          Pine Nuts
          EVOO

Clays Pizzera Rules;
          1. No anchovies
          2. Refer to rule #1

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
            The exotic pie is tuna --- swirl olive oil on the dough disk, spread a
            dollop or two of pesto on that and then crumble tuna onto that (solid
            white Italian packed in olive oil). No cheese or just a drizzle of it
            -- either shredded or sliced whole milk mozzarella.

Jim
            James, my friend Kim's mother (Mom's Soy Pickled Jalapenos) also cans her own tuna. I will have to try to get a jar of this in my hot hands and give this one a try!

By the way, I think Pizza Quest is long over due for some photos of one of your favorite pizzas with a little recipe story! This one's a great start! I'll follow up and do my own version too.

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
              Simple Filetti. I make one every time I fire the oven:

Cherry tomatoes halved and gutted, fresh basil, fresh sauce with mozzarella and a little oregano blend over the top.

How good does this look?!!

Comment

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Comment

looks fantastic
                  the holes in the crust are perfect.

only concern is boiling hot cherry tomato burning my lip

They look good but I dont use them hot, they are little lava bombs waiting to happen

Comment

They have to be halved and gutted, my friend.

Comment

Broccoli rabe and sausage....grated parm, olive oil
                      Great pizza, a cold beer,a great cigar and great friends...my idea of a great time

Comment

Sunday night we did 20 pizzas, everything from chorizo to cappicolla to chicken pesto. This was the second time that we did rueben pizzas. Thousand island dressing, corned beef, sauerkraut, provolone and caraway seed (haven't made a true rye dough crust yet). they were great! I made one extra and boxed it, brought it to work Monday morning and it was gone 10 minutes after i got there (by 7:30am... never thought of it as "breakfast")

Comment

I really do like the white or non-tomato pie combo's lately

carmelized onion, a strong stinky cheese, garlic , olive oil

garlic, oregano, clams, parm cheese

mozz, parm, parsley, ricotta cheese, garlic

Two things:
                          1. I think a lot of supermarket ricotta cheese is too dry and becomes even drier and lousy in the WFO. To combat this I ad some half and half or cream until it is loosened up a bit. I'll add some salt or parm and parsley to the ricotta sometimes to give a little flavor. If the ricotta is freshly made and quality, it is good all by itself.

2. I have to promote the taste of truffle oil on pizza. The oil is not very expensive compared to real truffles. A little spritzed on a cooling pizza is so awesome! A whole new dimension.

Comment

Here are just some of our favs at my place

1. Tomato sauce, Hot pepperoni, Kalamata olives, champagne mushrooms, Bocconcini
                            2. Tomato sauce, smoked chicken, butternut pumpkin, rosemary, garlic, Bocconcini
                            3. BBQ sauce, Beef strips, caramelised onion, Mushrooms, Bocconcini
                            4. Hoisin sauce, peking duck, cucumber, spring onions, (Bocconcini optional)

Comment

This is one of the favorites when we have pizza party's and it is a play on bagels and lox.

Dough is a homemade recipe.

Dill & cream cheese mixed together and spread onto the dough. Add smoked salmon, red onions, capers and a little bit of motz. We add a squeeze of fresh lemon after it comes out of the oven.

Yeah I know cheese and fish is a no,no right? But this works for some reason..and everyone has enjoyed it so far...even me, and I don't like salmon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizzasalmonsmall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	293000

Click image for larger version

Name:	pizzasalmon4small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	293001
                              Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                              John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                                This is one of the favorites when we have pizza party's and it is a play on bagels and lox.

Dough is a homemade recipe.

Dill & cream cheese mixed together and spread onto the dough. Add smoked salmon, red onions, capers and a little bit of motz. We add a squeeze of fresh lemon after it comes out of the oven.

Yeah I know cheese and fish is a no,no right? But this works for some reason..and everyone has enjoyed it so far...even me, and I don't

Stone, what a great idea for a appetizer pizza. Friends and I love smoked salmon and Trout on a crackers with cream cheese and capers. We've also mixed the salmon in softened cream cheese to spread on a cracker, its delicious. Do you soften the cream chesse to get it to spread on the dough or do you whip it?
                                Chris

Link to my photo album:
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/hodgey...7646087819291/

Link to my build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...nia-19366.html

Comment

Working...
                                X