This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Post your favorite pizza recipe here

My favorite pizza recipe is the Damascene pizzas.
    Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
    I forgot who said that.

Comment

• Margherita with buffalo mozzarella. Once cooked add fresh rocket and a slice of very thin prosciutto, a swirl of quality evoo and back in the oven for a few seconds. A twist of sea salt and black pepper. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickey-t View Post
        Margherita with buffalo mozzarella. Once cooked add fresh rocket and a slice of very thin prosciutto, a swirl of quality evoo and back in the oven for a few seconds. A twist of sea salt and black pepper. :-)
        What! Margherita without basil?
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• My current fav is garlic and evoo (no tomato sauce), a little mozzarella, potato sliced with a potato peeler, feta, rosemary, more evoo drizzled on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by david s View Post

What! Margherita without basil?
            There's a healthy amount of torn basil in my tomato sauce David. Sometimes basil, sometimes rocket, sometimes both. I will be trying your suggestion soon. Sounds yum. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickey-t View Post

There's a healthy amount of torn basil in my tomato sauce David. Sometimes basil, sometimes rocket, sometimes both. I will be trying your suggestion soon. Sounds yum. :-)
              Ahh, ok. Personally i find that cooking kills both basil and rocket. I prefer to chop it and add either or both fresh to the pizza after cooking.

Comment

• Fair point David. Depends on my mood, sometimes it goes back in for a few seconds, sometimes not. Rocket definitely keeps its peppery taste better fresh and basil leaves don't shrivel up if not put back in the oven. Personally, I quite like a swirl of olive oil, and back in for literally a few seconds

Comment

Working...
                X