• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post your favorite pizza recipe here

The current favorites are:

- Pesto, Goat cheese, prosciutto, and pine nuts

and

- onion confit, bacon, and smoked provolone

While I'm making 9-inch "grownup" pizzas, the kids like the 16-inch peperoni and sausage pizzas.
    -Chris-
    I'm building a Pompeii Oven in Austin, Texas. See my progress at:
    Il Forno Fumoso

Comment

OK Chris......WHO gave you my pesto, goat cheese, prosciutto recipe??

(I also add sauteed onions and mushrooms - in balsamic). Although a strong, hearty tasting pizza, all the flavors come together and are wonderful. As my neighbor says - this is the only way I will ever eat goat cheese again.

Comment

This thread seems to have gone to sleep a bit, but having read through it, this one isn't here yet:

Leaks, onion and bacon (with tomatoes, mozarella, parmesan, EVO)

Last summer we were sitting in a restaurant eating this, when suddenly I said "Hey, you know what would be really cool to have in our garden? A pizza oven!"

So yesterday I made it in our own Pizza oven for the first time, and its still a really good combination.
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

My favorite pizza to date (that I have cooked) was a basic pizza Margherita with some homemade jalepeno-and-cheese deer sausage, as well as some artichoke hearts. I grated parmesan, romano, mozzarella, together and then put some fresh mozzarella as well. The spice of the deer sausage was nicely complemented with the artichoke hearts.

Comment

Favorite so far (only put ~25 pizzas through so far):

A take on Florentina:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/atta...k-image167.jpg

Egg
            Tomato Sauce
            Mozzerella
            Strong Cheddar
            Cooked Chicked
            Rainbow chard (grren with multi colored stalks - similar to spinnach)
            Last edited by mmmhumous; 05-15-2008, 04:42 AM.
            sigpic "Why can't you just have a BBQ like normal people?"

Comment

I have to put in an enthusiastic vote for caramelized onions as a pizza topping. I like them with the earthy flavor of cooked mushrooms, but I bet they'd go well with something a little more salty too. (Prosciutto maybe?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed_ View Post
                I have to put in an enthusiastic vote for caramelized onions as a pizza topping. I like them with the earthy flavor of cooked mushrooms, but I bet they'd go well with something a little more salty too. (Prosciutto maybe?)
                try it with gorgonzola cheese. I had one of the best pizzas ever in a restaurant in Charlotte, NC. It had caramelized onions, sauteed portabello mushrooms and gorgonzola cheese on it. No sauce. Just drizzled with oil after cooking, I believe. It was heaven.
                Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

So many to choose from....

...surprisingly I really like a Polish pizza

Polish sausage, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese

Had it years ago and recently tried to replicate in WFO....wondering about sauces

It was surprisingly sweet to me.
                  Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

with many differences ingredients, Pizza becomes better.

Comment

I saw...where I don't know...a great topping combination...tomato sauce/crushed, thinly sliced zucchini, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella dipped in heavy cream and then when the pizza comes out slices of prosciutto go on...really good!
                      Best
                      Dutch
                      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

I like a White pizza starting with a sprinkle of grated garlic, too.

Comment

pizza rustico di sienna:\

throw crust, top with roasted roma tomatoes, sliced mozzarella fresca, thin sliced smoked muscovy duck breast, thin sliced crimini mushrooms, dried oregano, and finally top with 4-6 slices of taleggio cheese(a washed rind cheese from lombardia) and a pinch of grated romano peccorino or parma di reggiano

bake the pie till done, cool for 3-5 minutes then drizzle with a black truffle infused olive oil. put some finely shredded fresh basil on top for color.
                          serve!

this pie has become more popular then most of my other pies including
                          my pizza pachino and pizza margherita.

the smoked duck breast is avalable at many gourmet stores. i like to lightly roast it skin side down to crisp the duck then slice thin when cool to use as a topping.
                          pancetta can be subbed for the duck if desired.

enjoy!!!!

Comment

See my thread. It is superb!

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f10/...auce-3692.html
                            An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Re: Ricotta pizza

Originally posted by james View Post
                              Do you think they use imported Ricotta at Pizzeria Bianca?

James
                              He makes it every morning, along with the mozz...its good stuff...

Comment

Fresh Ricotta and Mozz make all the difference, and they are quite easy to make at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X