X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new build in werribee

Hi David

Some of those things were discussed. Lol

But alas they are empty. Sealed but empty. Couldn't think of anybody I wanted knocked off. Why would I hide a briefcase full of money in there wouldn't I spend it doing gold filigree finish on the oven. Now that would be a sight for an WFO.
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-24-2013, 03:27 AM.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Hi all

Quick question. Should i seal the Hebel panel hearth before i lay the calsil board over it, if so with what?

I will do what Doug [karangi dude] has done with the Barrel oven he is using Hebel with - using hebel adhesive to lay the calsil to the Hebel.

Can anyone that knows anything about Hebel see anything wrong with this thinking.....I am asking this based on the Wet Floor thread.
      Last edited by oasiscdm; 02-28-2013, 03:17 AM.
      Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
        Hi David

Couldn't think of anybody I wanted knocked off...
        I reckon Julia Gillard would squeeze in there...you could probably force Abbott's pin head in there somewhere too!
        Boom Shanker! (Neil - The Young Ones)

Comment

Hi ozovenbuilder

Not sure about Gillard fitting [my local member btw] hasn't she got a big arse. If the media over the next few days mentions abott and gillard are missing. Well you know where they are. Ssssshhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone.
          Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-01-2013, 02:48 AM.
          Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi Allan [Brickie in oz]

Thanks for today unloaded and stacked and by the way loved your oven and advice. Great entertaining area. That is one mighty good looking build.

Cheers
            Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi all

Well i have my fingers crossed that i get my Brick Saw back tomorrow. With the winged and mitred Brick Tray. Then i can start doing what needs to be done to get this thing started and finished.

Yiiiiiiipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeee
              Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi All

Well my bricksaw was returned today with a Brick Saw tray [purchased new 16" for $200 but without the tray retailed for $1600 partners Son got it from major tool auction he had about 6 brick saws, compactors etc. sold the lot except this one].

I have posted some photos for you of the Tray my mate made for me [Based on Utahbeehiver (Russell) modifications which were based on various other members ideas, thanks to all].

It needs some modifications but I will give it a go shortly try to find some rubber to stick on it.

I ordered a 16" saw blade for $90 online, hopefully it will work ok on fire bricks [thought nothing ventured nothing gained for 90 bucks].
                Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-09-2013, 02:45 AM.
                Cheers Colin

Comment

And one more. I am quite impressed with what he has done. Once the Saw was put back on stand it highlighted a few problems but not insurmountable. Its adjustment range is, well, way more than needed.

Major challenge is it should have had a wider gap around the saw blade area for angled and mitred cuts as a Brick corner knocks/tends to hit the other edge on severe mitred and bevelled angle. Might just have to take a couple of cuts at it but that is ok.

I'm guessing the angles wont be that dramatic..

Any idea how i might attach a rubber mat to the tray so bricks dont slip and will tolerate water????
                  Last edited by oasiscdm; 03-09-2013, 02:58 AM.
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

Gudday Colin
                    Why not try some of that rubber grip mat , I don't know it's name but it looks like a rubber netting. I've a piece I use to hold things that are to thin for a vice on my bench to sand and plane. The holes should hold the water and brick slurry I'd imagine, stuffs cheap and available. Check out the flooring section at bunnings I think it's also used under rugs to stop them slipping on polished floors

Regards dave
                    Measure twice
                    Cut once
                    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                    My Door
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Hi dave

Good to hear from you.
                      I will go down to Bunnies tomorrow and check it out. I know the stuff you mean but I was hoping to glue something to the table and stops so that there attached and not loose [saftey and all that].

Hit a snag earlier this evening [or i thought i did]. I couldn't get enough height/tilt on the left hand side of the blade because of the mechanism.

But had a full brick on the table. Deeerrrrrrrr i will be using half bricks once cut. Now not a problem can go all the way to 45 deg and beyond.
                      Cheers Colin

Comment

Gudday
                        I was reluctant to mention where I had used this stuff before.
                        It was in the navy. We called it "drape ". It was used to drape over the meal tables. Didn't matter if things were spilt on it .. It continued to grip your plate.
                        Wash it out and even wet it would work. That's why I thought this would work for you , full of water and brick slurry a quick clean and your away.
                        No I didn't get the piece I have from the navy.

Regards dave
                        Measure twice
                        Cut once
                        Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                        My Door
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Hi again Dave,

Actually found some I already had. Will try it out in the morning.
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

That is one serious jig on steriods. Looks like it will do the trick. I did notice a slotted blade pic 0479 that should work fine on your fire bricks. I actually preferred slotted over continous rim. I see you had some questions on taper and bevel angles. I rarely used top and bottom cuts, only used them when I mulked up near the dome and inner arch transition. Yell if you have questions
                            Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 03-09-2013, 06:51 PM. Reason: typos from iphone
                            Russell
                            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

You need to cut that front handle off, when the blade grabs a brick it will drag the table and your hand through the blade, zing.......

Without the handle you wont be tempted to hold the front.
                              The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
                                that is one serious jig on steriods. Looks like it willdo the trick. I did notice a slotted blade pic 0479 that shuld work fine on your fire bricks. I actually prefered slotted over continous rim. I ee you had some questions on taper and bevel angles. I rarely used top and bottom cuts, only used them wheni mulked up near the dome and inner arch transition. Yell if you have questions.
                                Hi Utah,

Did you receive my email yesterday? If not check your messages.

Comment

Working...
                                X