Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Ouch that must have hurt David, really nice work David lovely setting looks amazing, that is ridiculous. Yes inflation or CovFlation is a killer. I purchased Bluestone pavers during Covid for $7500 about 70 meters. I needed to get some cobbles as I was short a couple of sheets. Got from same place the owner said the 70 meters of bluestone i ordered late 2021 would have cost me $12000 today.

For my deck i used full length Merbau boards around 6m in length, 2021 $4500 Merbau, they also have nearly doubled.

Sucks really.
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-31-2024, 03:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    David, nice looking set you have. Yes, inflation is certainly showing up in materials here in the US as well.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Ouch, I feel your pain. I just replaced half of my18 y.o. deck between the house and the pool, because I originally screwed the boards into steel top hats over steel beams. Being a saltwater pool I got rust problems near the steps where people dripped salty water onto the deck. Just 11.5 m2 replaced, but with new boards over aluminium joists and beams, secured with 500 stainless metal threads at over $1 each. Total materials cost $3157 which works out to $275m2

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0889.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	457105
    Last edited by david s; 01-29-2024, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Hi David

All in hand. I have allowed for drainage from underneath, a number of 10mm holes were drilled through the base The basin wont exist, but I need to install the first row before I can address that. at this point i am looking at using Hebel glued in place.

I have enough arch firebricks to build 2 ovens but need to get some straights and 75/51 75/63. Oven 1 firebricks were $3 each. Got pricing today and they are now $5.80. Wow wasn't expecting that.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Colin, did you take some steps to allow water to drain out and also raise the insulation off the botom of that basin to prevent it from acting like a sponge?

If not you could probably address the issue before proceeding.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Yes Russel just so busy work, finishing back yard around the oven. But can now fit it in here and there. Nice to hear from you, how is family. Mine now live QLD Daughter and 2 Grand kids now, and Son is in london training as a paramedic.

Some photos

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240126_034341215.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,004.2 KB ID:	457096 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240126_004612272.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	457097 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240126_054908134.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.00 MB ID:	457098
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-29-2024, 01:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Hey Collin,

Long time no see. Glad you are still working of oven number 2. Be sure to keep us in the loop.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Hi All

thought i would provide an update.

The backyard has been a long haul but is so near to completion. Lots of little things to do still, but very close, louvre roof, electronic blinds paving all done, still need to fill the paving. but managed to get the oven hearth cut and installed. . this is sitting on 75mm Hebel base, 75mm insulation tiles and 25 mm calsil.

Need to get some extra fire bricks standard size to get first 2 rows done and some narrow arch bricks to drop dome height. yes using flatter Dome again.

Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-28-2024, 05:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Hi gulf that does not help me, although it explains what is happening, so thank you. If you look at my post #1, I have set up an index to the thread and to keep things happening I need to be able to edit that Post.

It is painful to have to ask Utah beehiver to make any changes as he has his own things to do. On one of my last posts I needed to make a change to it. Seemed to be locked out within 48 hours. Feeling that maybe a week is a better time frame or even a month. Or

Why can't it be setup that only the post owner can make changes? I worked in IT and know this is possible......

On the other hand maybe I should be more careful, so my bad . I did find adding photos seemed different than previous posts hence the problem i had.

Just seems a little messy the way impementation has happened, not withstanding the SCUM [as you said] that have nothing better to do. Shame they cannot use their talents for good.
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-29-2022, 01:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Hi Colin,

Any Member Moderator that you feel comfortable with can work with you to edit an older post. Some months ago we noticed spammers going back after a few weeks and editing their (seemingly legit) original posts to include CRAP links. Most forums have a time frame for which posts can be edited. They range from 30 minutes to 24 hours. At that time, I asked Forno Bravo to consider a time frame. I don't know what that time frame is or when it was applied. I'm guessing it was done on the last upgrade. It's BS that we have to do this but, there is SCUM out there that want to make money off of free forums such as ours.

Anyways,
    Send a private message to me or to any of the other Member Moderators on what changes you want made .

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    Question for anyone.

I used to be able to edit previous posts. Now although i am signed in I can only edit a new post but NOT any previous post. I cannot see any setting anywhere that allows me to adjust this. I need to be able to edit previous posts eg Post 1.

Any clues?
    Last edited by oasiscdm; 08-28-2022, 02:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Hey Collin,

Turned out very nice. As always nice attention to detail so looking forward to seeing number two oven.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    https://community.fornobravo.com/cor...EAAAICRAEAOw==​​ Finished Verandah in April, the open louvre roof is a great addition, now onto Garden, paving and then finally the Oven. Louvre glass panel being built for left side.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220325_142811.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.00 MB ID:	448971
    Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 08-24-2022, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oasiscdm
    replied
    HI All sorry i gave been scarce has been a busy time since last post am now a grandfather have been busy trying to get verandah done and dusted before March deadline [will fail] due to material delays and tradesman delays wont succeed.

I am getting verandah rendered currently and have ordered roof.

Then onto paving after that I can start oven. Yay.

​​​​​​​Will post photos when a get a chance.

In interim have mastered pizza in my inside oven [not the same but close]

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G’day Colin
    you might want to check out “the other oven types section” v12spirit has made a welcome appearance and made mention of yourself
    regards Dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X