No announcement yet.

new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin, did you take some steps to allow water to drain out and also raise the insulation off the botom of that basin to prevent it from acting like a sponge?

If not you could probably address the issue before proceeding.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Hi David

All in hand. I have allowed for drainage from underneath, a number of 10mm holes were drilled through the base The basin wont exist, but I need to install the first row before I can address that. at this point i am looking at using Hebel glued in place.

I have enough arch firebricks to build 2 ovens but need to get some straights and 75/51 75/63. Oven 1 firebricks were $3 each. Got pricing today and they are now $5.80. Wow wasn't expecting that.
      Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

• Ouch, I feel your pain. I just replaced half of my18 y.o. deck between the house and the pool, because I originally screwed the boards into steel top hats over steel beams. Being a saltwater pool I got rust problems near the steps where people dripped salty water onto the deck. Just 11.5 m2 replaced, but with new boards over aluminium joists and beams, secured with 500 stainless metal threads at over $1 each. Total materials cost $3157 which works out to $275m2

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0889.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	457105
        Last edited by david s; 01-29-2024, 07:40 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• David, nice looking set you have. Yes, inflation is certainly showing up in materials here in the US as well.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• Ouch that must have hurt David, really nice work David lovely setting looks amazing, that is ridiculous. Yes inflation or CovFlation is a killer. I purchased Bluestone pavers during Covid for $7500 about 70 meters. I needed to get some cobbles as I was short a couple of sheets. Got from same place the owner said the 70 meters of bluestone i ordered late 2021 would have cost me $12000 today.

For my deck i used full length Merbau boards around 6m in length, 2021 $4500 Merbau, they also have nearly doubled.

Sucks really.
            Last edited by oasiscdm; 01-31-2024, 03:14 AM.
            Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Working...
            X