new build in werribee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new build in werribee

Damon they say measure twice cut once. Hearth should have been 1600 wide. Your comment that's tight I now get. Hearth will be 1600*1700.

Cheers Colin
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Planter boxes both sides of the oven with grass trees and bonsai have already thought of. Hmmm I like your thinking with the arch though. Think I will break out my Japanese garden books out and check them for some ideas.

Thx Colin

Shad sail will need to curve around the oven, but I think it comes out to far. Will leave it until last.
      Cheers Colin

Comment

[QUOTE=oasiscdm;137029]My intentions with the build are to 1metre Pompeii oven
        Purchase oven materials from Melbourne Fire Brick Company. Ben has been of great help.

Once slab is constructed 1100*1400

I Will be building a Hebel block base frame
        On top of that a cantilevered Hebel power fence panel (double reinforced) 1400*1600 hearth. With steel lintel and frame to support the cantilevered hearth.

QUOTE]

So youwill have a 150mm cantilever on each side and a 200mm for the front?

If so I did this with just reo work inside the slab.

PM sent re: reo

Comment

Originally posted by vanoontour View Post
          So youwill have a 150mm cantilever on each side and a 200mm for the front?

If so I did this with just reo work inside the slab.

PM sent re: reo
          Yep that is spot on [150mm] I am hoping that at 125 mm thick and plenty of Reo that that will be enough to support every thing that will be on top of the slab. As you can see from the photos it needs to be above the deck. you will see more when i post the photo of the deck cut out removed.

Cheers and thanks
          Colin
          Cheers Colin

Comment

Originally posted by oasiscdm View Post
            Damon they say measure twice cut once. Hearth should have been 1600 wide. Your comment that's tight I now get. Hearth will be 1600*1700.

Cheers Colin
            I heard "measure twice, cut once, fit in place with largest hammer available"!!

..seriously though, you'll enjoy the whole process, looking forward to pics!

Russell.
            Boom Shanker! (Neil - The Young Ones)

Comment

Gudday
              Russel I "resemble" those remarks

Heres just an idea ......why not build a slab on piers through the deck instead of making a complete base. Your prepared to canterlever 150 mm why not consider going the full monty. Check out Neil2's build in the General construction section called canterlever flight deck

Regards Dave
              Measure twice
              Cut once
              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
              My Door
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
                Gudday
                Russel I "resemble" those remarks

Heres just an idea ......why not build a slab on piers through the deck instead of making a complete base. Your prepared to canterlever 150 mm why not consider going the full monty. Check out Neil2's build in the General construction section called canterlever flight deck

Regards Dave
                hehe, I knew I read it somewhere here, love the saying Dave!
                Boom Shanker! (Neil - The Young Ones)

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post

Regards Dave
                  Thx for that Dave, I checked Neil2 build out. As much as i am very handy [as in every thing you see i have built] that is way way beyond me. Also i had cut the deck out before i read this, this afternoon.

Cheers Colin

PS ok just noticed your sign off. LOL
                  Cheers Colin

Comment

Haven't been able to do much as I have been waiting for a mate to complete this. So base now not far away. Hopefully the next two weeks should see slab done, once I get this set up in place. Then off to get hebel for base and hearth. Also been working on patio walls as photos show.
                    Cheers Colin

Comment

Did you check with your local council re a WFO installation. The last thing you would want is an angry neighbour complaining that your oven was not built to regulation and then force you to tear It down. I see that your space is tight and your neighbours must be close.
                      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I saw your photos and I hope that you have very good relationship with your your neighbors, because when that smoke goes into those upstairs windows it might be hell to pay. Here in Japan, farmers think nothing of cutting grass around the fields and burning it and depending on how the winds blow, I've walked out of my studio to find my house filled with smoke. Had I been in America, I would have been tempted to shoot someone, but in Japan guns are not sold or allowed, knifing someone was too much work and messy, so a tongue lashing had to suffice.

Comment

Thanks guys!

As for the smoke I have no problem, they both have combustion heaters that force me to close windows everytime they are lit eg. every night through the colder months [and i like my windows open]. The oven will get lit maybe at worst once a week while the novelty is the driving force, more likely monthly after that.

Based on what i read here - fire it once and cook all weekend, if necessary i will get them to pass there pizzas over the fence and cook them while its on or pass them some bread or something LOL.

That should keep the wolves at bay.

Cheers Colin
                          Cheers Colin

Comment

Laurentius i'm curious you are in Japan. I am looking for some ideas in finishing the outdoor area - as my garden is japanese in style [see other photos]. If you look at those pictures i am putting Shoji screens above the fence either side of the partly completed wall you see [on right hand side].

I am not enclosing the oven as it will be an igloo. Thinking currently is to incorporate Stainless Steel facing on the arch entry [simplistic zen look].

Either side of the Oven will be planter boxes with Xanthorrea [australian plant] in each. front of right side of oven will be bench leading into BBQ [on right side wall back corner on left side of post].

That area is 3.8 mt wide and 8 mt long. Houses are at least 25 metres away.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers Colin
                            Cheers Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

Check out these images, there are a few that has space somewhat like your. If you do use planter boxes go for something natural such as bamboo, shoji and folding panel are not normally found in or around the gardens, bamboo fence or bamboo supported trees are used. small Japanese garden - Google ????

Comment

Small Japanese Garden . I think that you just set me a back about 10 years of spare time!

Seriously, Those are some beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing .
                                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
                                X