Newbie Oven build melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Oven build melbourne

Started my base today, it's been a long time in the wait and probably a long time build. Having only Sundays to work on it will take a while, but the fun begins.

Re: Newbie Oven build melbourne

Hi awild

Hey is your name Andy or Andrew. I used to work with an Andrew Wild. where in Melbourne

Looks good. keep the photos coming.
    Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Sorry my names Nick my that's my number plates. Cheers

Comment

Hi Nick

Thx for that - enjoy the build.
        Cheers Colin

My Build - Index to Major Build Stages

Comment

Awild,

Welcome from the other side of the hemisphere. There are quite a gang of Aussies to help you with supply sources as well as the rest of us if you have any questions. Looking forward to seeing your build. Very nice looking corner build similar to what I did. Good luck.
          Russell
          Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Justa few more pics of the base and the stainless steel spit I will be installing inbuilt on the side of the oven base. Great to get some messages from guys all over the world wishing me luck. Thanks to everyone, hope I get the time to finish the build this year.

Comment

Did you check with your council about the location of the oven in relation to the boundary fence? It would be a pity, if your neighbour has issues they might be able to force you to pull it down or never allow you light it again.
              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi David, Ye I did its ok cause the neighbor has a garage against my fence, so they said it was fine with no permit needed

Comment

You can build right on the boundary as long as the building material is fireproof. Ya have to love Vic dont ya.....

Welcome aboard too.....
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

thanks brickie..... cant get past the Victorians, dying breed we are

Im actually building a outdoor entertainment area once the oven is done and the entire back yard will be enclosed. As for the permits I will need one for that and the inspector did say I should clad the wall with fire rated cement sheet around the oven and BBQ area. but that could be years away....... my backs killing me after mixing 18 mags of cement on the weekend to core fill the besser blocks. Glad I had a family member that has a concrete mixer I will use for the slab.

Comment

by the way brickie your build is great, your a talented oven builder love the night shot with the fire going( build 2 )

Comment

Thanks, I hope ppl get a few pointers from the build...

The sad thing is that the novelty of the oven seems to have worn off a tad.... although, we did do a pork roast the other weekend, and then a nice stew the following day, so maybe its not all lost?

My Build.

Books.

Comment

See no novelty lost as long as you enjoy it when you do.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post

The sad thing is that the novelty of the oven seems to have worn off a tad....
                            Time to start another one.
                            Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                            John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                              Time to start another one.
                              We have only got a fairly small back yard, if there was room Id build something else, I may have room for a few low drystone walls at a pinch.
                              The whole block is only a 1/4 acre and the the built stuff occupies most of it, owh and the stupid long driveway that they put in.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                              X