Wood Oven Food Truck / Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Oven Food Truck / Trailer

Hi there - I'm looking at building a WFO Food Truck setup in South Australia. Has anyone had any experience with mobile catering with a WFO? Im after a couple of basic answers. For Example:
    ? When you are done cooking, what do you do with the hot coals, is it safe enough to close the door and the fire extinguishes - do you need to transfer to a coal box or similar - what are the council regulations?
    ? Does the chimney need to to be filtered / particles extracted for when operated in the city or events?

I already have the oven sorted and the vehicle in mind. I guess I'm just going through the initial logistics.

Re: Wood Oven Food Truck / Trailer

I built mine with a removable flue so it won't wobble around in transit. When finished I usually remove all the coals and dump them in a bucket of water. On a few occasions (lazy) I've driven home with some live coals still in the oven. This is probably not a good idea as it would be quite dangerous if involved in an accident.Also i doubt whether the police would be too impressed if they caught you driving around with a live fire in the oven.
    I don't know about smoke filtering regulations, but my market has a sign boasting "smoke free zone" at the the entrance. I'm the first stall in from the sign. Someone on this site built a mister that sits in the flue for smoke extraction. Keen to build one but haven't got around to it yet.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Re: Wood Oven Food Truck / Trailer

Originally posted by charliel7l7 View Post
      ? Does the chimney need to to be filtered / particles extracted for when operated in the city or events?
      I know that in WA you are required to have a spark arrestor fitted in the flue for mobile WFO. Best thing to do is enquire directly with your local council, if you haven't already done.

Comment

Working...
      X