• Show
Clear All

• philby303
    replied
    starting to take shape

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    well that is the base all done happy days..

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    Originally posted by Steady View Post
    I was up in Darwin a few weeks back - lovely weather. The render / stucco looks good
    it is brilliant up there, hope she gets in the team next year so we can go back up there..

Leave a comment:

• Steady
    replied
    I was up in Darwin a few weeks back - lovely weather. The render / stucco looks good

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    well back in to it all after a short break

here is a quick video I took from a lap of Melrose in the race https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TESsGAJ6PcI

also went to Darwin last week ( daughter was in a State Calisthenics team 6 months of hard work and training for it great news her team won all 6 items and so took out the over all comp in there age group they all did really well I won't bore you with all the proud dad photos though )

so back to the oven the base is now all rendered and looking great I had never don't that before, I am really happy with how it turned out.

not long now and i will get to start on the oven, couple of weeks off soon so going to get a bit done

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    another weekend and a bit more done, nothing next weekend will get done as I am off up in to the Flinders for a MTB race I am in ( 6 hours as I have not ridden there before so not taking on the 18 hour event, might save that for next year, )

Next is to render the base then on with the top

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    yep just a few

I have a mixer for it , it is to help to make sure i get out on the MTB more afterwards beers and pizza's go hand in hand with MTB riding I find

Leave a comment:

• Wozza
    replied
    Quite a few holes to fill there. Are you going to mix the concrete by hand? That's another good workout - this oven building keeps you reasonably fit. Which of course is counterbalanced by all the beer and pizza you consume when it's finished.

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    starting to take shape now for the base.

talk about a work out moving 90 bessa blocks in 47 minutes makes you sweat then add moving a tonne of sand on top of that. and some how I ended up getting on the bike last night for a ride to test out new lights.

today we ( another mate helped out, ) I am going to owe a lot of beer and pizza when this is finished, we put the first course of blocks down, will be dry stacking and core filling the rest next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    Another productive weekend with massive thanks to a mate to help me with the slab ( he has all the skills )

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    thanks for that Wozza I had seen them before the oven will sit on an angle away from the fence my main pain the the pole from the veranda wish I could take some time off work to get more done..

Leave a comment:

• Wozza
    replied
    Found this pdf which gives slightly different dimensions but which is specific to SA: www.cfs.sa.gov.au/public/download.jsp?id=62197

Leave a comment:

• Wozza
    replied
    I checked all the rules and regs I could find about pizza ovens and the only requirement that seemed to apply (in NSW anyway) was that it had to be 450mm from a boundary (and a certain distance from flammable material - the exact distance I can't remember now but it might have been around a metre).

My original thought was to tuck it into the corner of the garden as it looks like you might be doing, but I moved it to the centre of the back wall and 450mm off it. Just thought I'd mention that as it looks like yours is going to be close to the fence line.
    Last edited by Wozza; 08-11-2015, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Hebel is not too strong. It weighs around a third of the equivalent volume of standard concrete, so expect around a third of the strength. You will have to make sure it is well supported underneath. If you use the Power Panel (reinforcing cast into the centre) don't expect it to perform like standard reinforced concrete. The bars are only about 5 mm thick and there are not many of them.

Leave a comment:

• philby303
    replied
    question for all, looking at using Hebal panel for the base of the oven ( then obviously the board then the fire bricks )
    anyone see an issue with that ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X