Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello fellow Aussies, My 1st build

Hi Guys,
    I'm currently locked down in Vic thanks to Covid and wan't to build my own brick pizza oven, I found this website after researching ovens online, I have decided that I will build the 36" pompeii as there are plans for it and I need plans , not sure if there are metric ones anywhere though, I'm in Carrum Downs Victoria and haven't bought anything for it yet, I have made a start though, I have bought some plate steel and welded a fire wood box together and cut a hole in my retaining wall for it to be recessed into, then in the next week or two a slab will be getting put down above it.
    Just thought I would say hi and say thanks for all the information that everyone has made available which will help me a great deal.
    Cheers,
    Paul

I take it when you say "plans for it" you mean the eplans (free) from Forno Bravo. These are a dated but a good baseline. There have been several 1 meter ovens built but I do not know of any specific metric plans, you probably just need to use a Google standard to metric converter. Oasiscm is currently building his second oven and he is located in Werribee and he would be a good source for materials in your area. Also David S is our cast expert if you want to go this direction, he is from Townsville in Queensland, and Karangi Dude did a huge barrel oven and he is from Victoria or maybe it is NSW.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hi Russell,
      They are the eplans from Forno Bravo, I will be using them as a guide and will no doubt have my own modifications, I have looked at the Werribee post and will keep browsing through forums.

Comment

Hi Paul, I am Tassie based and don't know all of the refractory suppliers in Vic.
        I purchased through Melbourne Firebrick Co. I received good service and happily recommend them as an option if your getting pricing comparisons.
        Cheers,

Steady

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-21760.html

Comment

Originally posted by Steady View Post
          Hi Paul, I am Tassie based and don't know all of the refractory suppliers in Vic.
          I purchased through Melbourne Firebrick Co. I received good service and happily recommend them as an option if your getting pricing comparisons.
          Hi Steady,
          I have been on the Melbourne Firebrick website and they are my favourite looking ovens, They are quite pricey too, did you buy an oven kit or just the bricks?

Comment

G’day
            watching with interest..... plenty of pics are good..... a pics worth a thousand words they say
            regards Dave
            Measure twice
            Cut once
            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
            My Door
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W View Post

Hi Steady,
              I have been on the Melbourne Firebrick website and they are my favourite looking ovens, They are quite pricey too, did you buy an oven kit or just the bricks?
              I looked at buying a brick saw and following the free plans but couldn't find a second hand one on my area and decided I'm time poor anyway so went with the pre-cut kit.

My build can be found here

PS - I also love photo's
              Cheers,

Steady

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-21760.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
                G’day
                watching with interest..... plenty of pics are good..... a pics worth a thousand words they say
                regards Dave
                I will attach a few photos, so far I have bought some sheet steel cut to size, welded it up to make a fire wood storage box, painted it, then cut a hole into my retaining wall and recessed it in, removed dirt, removed garden tap and plants, boxed it out, put in some plastic and mesh, I bought the concrete and just got a local concreter to do it, thats it so far...... it turns out the concreter has built a heap of ovens and also has a mobile pizza oven business and gave me some tips which was great, 1st one being that I should reconsider my finished floor height as he thought it was too low, my finished height will now be 1100mm off the deck.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	PIZZA UPLOAD 1.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	812.9 KB
ID:	426908 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIZZA UPLOAD 2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	426909 Click image for larger version

Name:	PIZZA UPLOAD 3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.19 MB