No announcement yet.

Corner Pompei Oven following Forno Bravo instructions-Loei Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, that's why I used a thin piece of wood and not a large metal plate like on many IT designs I've seen on the forum. The pivot point of the caster is in the centre of the oven floor, and the distance between it and the bolt holding the piece of wood is constant. Regardless, I try to keep things achievable at my level and not compete with the assembly precision of a Swiss chronograph. The wooden piece is attached with screws, so it will always be possible to adjust the length on the fly. I don't rule out using an inflatable gym ball for the last rows of the oven. I don't cut the firebricks these days because my wife has spread her rice harvest in the front courtyard to dry in the sun, and these cuts create a lot of dust. Thank you very much for your valuable and wise advice.

Comment

A similar idea is to use a length of plastic conduit as the arm of the IT. The plastic being easy to flex can be bent which shortens it enough for the plate, which holds the brick in place, to easily remove it without having to adjust anything. Then it springs back into shape ready for the next brick.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

As I mentioned, the castor height is not a deal killer but most important is the projected line from the pivot point along the wood needs to intersect the center of the brick face or you end up with stepping of the brick face as you move up in courses. The error is cumulative. I marked the attached picture for another builder years ago but is is similar to the IT you are considering using.

https://community.fornobravo.com/fil...19&type=medium
        Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 11-18-2023, 08:58 AM.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
          most important is the projected line from the pivot point along the wood needs to intersect the center of the brick face, or you end up with stepping off the brick face as you move up in courses. The error is cumulative. I marked the attached picture for another builder years ago but is is similar to the IT you are considering using.
          Thank you, unfortunately I can't read the remarks in red on your picture, but I can see the geometry in black. I simply followed the instructions of a guy who published the built of his outdoor kitchen on YouTube.
          Artisan Made, he's also following the Forno Bravo design.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
            A similar idea is to use a length of plastic conduit as the arm of the IT. The plastic being easy to flex can be bent which shortens it enough for the plate, which holds the brick in place, to easily remove it without having to adjust anything. Then it springs back into shape ready for the next brick.
            Good idea, I must have some leftover in my workshop. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X