Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scotasher1
    replied
    AZ Piazzalos - Have a Napololino70 pizza oven coming from Forno Bravo in late March to Scottsdale...my understanding is it is delivered "to the curb," then I'm on my own. Having a bit of anxiety about moving it from the driveway into the backyard...assuming I'll need to rent a forklift. Anyone have any suggestions or, even better, worked with any crews who have assisted with the move/install?

It's only going on the Forno Bravo stand, so no "real" install. Any help is much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• C5dad
    replied
    Re: AZ Piazzalos Unite

Happy Sunday to all.

I have been offline since last Thanksgiving due to family issues and now staring the journey back to having a life again - yahoo.

I have found at Walmart a flour called Navajo Pride, which is made up on the Res. It is I bleached and a nice grind. Some stores even have 25 lb bags. Not as resilient as Caputo, but bakes better than the bags from Costco and SAMs ( bot bleached.)

I will definitely be checking out the mills in Tucson this winter, seeing that broke my whisper mill last week after 12 years.

May your fires be hot!

Chris

Leave a comment:

• jeffrorrt
    replied

Originally posted by azpizzanut View Post
    Hi Chris,

Check your private messages.

I'll be searching for small mills that produce flours for artisan bakers. I'll let you know what I find.

Cheers,
    In Tucson there are a couple artisan mills that make mesquite flour as well as acorn flour, was just up in Julian, Ca. last weekend and a naturalist was telling me about them.

Leave a comment:

• hussmanne
    replied

Hi all, I'm new here. Did anyone ever meet up or end up splitting up bulk flour? I'm hoping to build an oven in my Tempe backyard over the next few months, I picked a fine time of year to start!

Leave a comment:

• j0ew1120
    replied

Wondering if anyone in the phx area is interested in working a pizza gig with me for fedex next Wednesday the 5th of April. My normal oven guy can't make it and I need someone to turn pizzas while I toss the dough. It would be from 2 to 7pm and would pay 100$ cash. Anyone up for the challenge?

Leave a comment:

• j0ew1120
    replied

The oven/trailer is working great! We are in Winslow for the weekend doing the Standing on the corner festival. Hoping to sell about 400 pizzas. We have been in the prescott farmers market for a couple months now while I was getting my maricopa county permits sorted out. (Nightmare). Now that the heat is dissipating in the valley I am joining the Goodyear and anthem farmers markets coming up in a coupe weeks. The most pizzas I have sold in a day was 50 so this is my biggest gig yet. Cross your fingers for me. I'll post some pics after the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• C5dad
    replied

So, let's hear about the trailer!

Leave a comment:

• j0ew1120
    replied

Going to be firing up the mobile oven and cooking pizzas for the first time tonight on the street. Got some friends and some bloggers showing up to do a dough comparison between sour dough and yeast leavened dough. If anyone wants some free pizza and to participate in the tasting feel free to stop by. 630 pm 1782 E constitution dr chandler 85225. That's ray/cooper roads in chandler.

Also, please like my facebook page: Forno Legna Catering LLC
    Last edited by j0ew1120; 06-17-2013, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j0ew1120
    replied

Thanks for the tip on the chimney. It's a cast modular oven. So far I'm very impressed with its heat retention. I lit a small one log curing fire in it last night and this morning it was still too hot to touch the deck with the door off all night. Oh and yes it does have shocks.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied

Sweet set up. You might consider a removable flue pipe extension. Depending on where you set up, it may be an advantage to having the smoke exit higher. Eg set up at a market stall right next to knitted babies clothes. This happened to me once, but I discovered how to fire the oven almost smoke free by using the upside down lighting technique, always maintaining a flame and never overloading the chamber. The use of a blowpipe to do all this is essential.

Apart from the front decorative arch is the oven brick or cast?
    Have you got shocks on your trailer?
    Last edited by david s; 06-13-2013, 06:33 PM. Reason: Added questions

Leave a comment:

• j0ew1120
    replied

Well here she is. Picked it up in Phoenix 2 days ago and I am in the middle of my curing schedule. A couple quick shots as she sits now.

Leave a comment:

• j0ew1120
    replied

Well after some production delays, my mobile pizza oven trailer is finally getting finished up. Hopefully it should ship out the end of next week! unfortunately most of the farmers markets here in the valley are already closing up shop for the summer. However I think I am going to travel to Prescott and do their big Saturday farmers markets for the next couple months. Hope to see you guys out about.

Leave a comment:

• j0ew1120
    replied

that's definitely something I'm going to have to look into. As I was reading over some of the different county requirements, Maricopa is by far the most strict.I am definitely going to see if that is possible to register it in Yavapii or maybe Coconino County. I left a message with Frank Redmond as well, waiting to hear back from him. thanks for the tips.

Leave a comment:

• azatty
    replied

My understanding is that you can operate it anywhere in the state.

Leave a comment:

• j0ew1120
    replied

Originally posted by azatty View Post
    Ah yes, the mobile food unit. Make sure your fabricator knows the County's requirements. The county is stupidly anal about it, and will probably make you add a bunch of stuff that you don't want/need. You might consider running it through Coconino County or Yuma County instead (not Pinal or Pima, though--they're wise to that game). If you get stuck, give Frank Redmond (frankredmond.com) a call. It might cost you a consulting fee, but Frank really knows his stuff.
    Sounds like you have been trough this before... Yeah, I am finding out how anal Maricopa County is more and more every day. So if I run my permits through a different county I can still operate within Maricopa County?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X